Contribute
Register

Will my Nvidia Graphics Card work with macOS ? List of Desktop Cards with Native Support

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus Gene VIII
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
I have a gtx 660ti and it does work with my rx590 in mojave (but) hardware acceleration cant be utilized; causing big lag. Are we just waiting for the webdriver to be released to fix that or is that just going to be part of using mojave from now on?
It's been almost 2 years with no nVidia web drivers for Mojave and let alone Catalina. There are bad relationships between Nvidia and Apple. It all started when nVidia demanded Apple to pay license fees which Apple refused so that's why there are no native drivers for Maxwell/Pascal/AI Turning based nVidia cards. nVidia could produce web drivers for Mojave but they refused. I presume Apple didn't provide Metal specifications to nVidia or nVidia didn't see any real incentives to produce Metal capable drivers due to low market shares of macOS customers. It's all blame games to them right now.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
It's been almost 2 years with no nVidia web drivers for Mojave and let alone Catalina. There are bad relationships between Nvidia and Apple. It all started when nVidia demanded Apple to pay license fees which Apple refused so that's why there are no native drivers for Maxwell/Pascal/AI Turning based nVidia cards. nVidia could produce web drivers for Mojave but they refused. I presume Apple didn't provide Metal specifications to nVidia or nVidia didn't see any real incentives to produce Metal capable drivers due to low market shares of macOS customers. It's all blame games to them right now.
Not a good situation definitely. I'd like to keep this thread on topic of Nvidia cards that do have native support in Mojave and Catalina. There are many other threads on the feud between the two companies. Readers can use search for those.

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP 8300
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
my gtx 1080ti works fine in Catalina :thumbup:
How is that then, without Nvidia drivers - or do you mean it gives a picture just without any acceleration?

Motherboard
MSI GE62-2QC
CPU
5700HQ/HM87
Graphics
Intel HD5600 + GTX960M (1920 x 1080)
Mobile Phone
iOS
I need CUDA cores to programming. I'm disappointed. Still amd not up to par on AI

Motherboard
Asus SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK S
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@trs96 Sorry to deviate from actual topic, do you have recommendation for low profile AMD gpus (with two display ports) for small form factor PCs. Any thing lower than $200 is good but cheaper is better.