Contribute
Register

Will my Nvidia Graphics Card work with macOS ? List of Desktop Cards with Native Support

my gtx 1080ti works fine in Catalina :thumbup:
Ok. How do you define "fine" ? Tell me what works and what doesn't.

How did you write your own Nvidia drivers for Catalina ? I'd like to see them. Please share them with the rest of the community instead of keeping them to yourself. You will get full credit for your work. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
+1
Ok. How do you define "fine" ? Tell me what works and what doesn't.

How did you write your own Nvidia drivers for Catalina ? I'd like to see them. Please share them with the rest of the community instead of keeping them to yourself. You will get full credit for your work. Thanks in advance.

my gtx 1080ti works fine in Catalina :thumbup:

Nobody was able to get pascal-based nvidia to work well with Mojave or Catalina. Nvidia web drivers doesn't have metal support full stop. Sure you may hack the web drivers but it won't work well.

I looked at your previous posts and none of them are related to Mojave or Catalina. So your claim has no value.

Last edited:
For those of us who have a duel boot system and need the Nvidia card in Windows, is there an elegant solution for adding a (budget) AMD card so we can upgrade beyond High Sierra? (without physically swapping cards when booting the different systems etc.)

*Edit
Thanks to trs96 for the reply and tip. RX 570 ordered, will update over the next week or so and report back on my motherboard thread (see other posts). Will be duel booting with Win 10 and GTX 1080, and Catalina with RX 570.

Last edited:
For those of us who have a duel boot system and need the Nvidia card in Windows, is there an elegant solution for adding a (budget) AMD card so we can upgrade beyond High Sierra? (without physically swapping cards when booting the different systems etc.)
Yes, there is. RehabMan came up with a solution a few years ago. It involves disabling the Nvidia card via SSDT while macOS is running. Use search to find out how. Note that your Intel iGPU can also run the latest macOS. The Nvidia card would need to be removed to do that.

Back