Contribute
Register

Solved > Will my hackintosh update from Appstore in June?

Joined
May 10, 2019
Messages
5
Motherboard
I don't know, Dell Optiplex 9020
CPU
i7 4670
Graphics
intel hd 4600
Sorry if the question is dumb, but I am very noob.
Installed hackintosh on Dell Optiplex 9020 from instruction found on this forum.
My current version is Mojave.

I am using this for learning Swift development and working on my app for the Appstore. When Apple will release 10.14.5, then can be the issue with development and next Xcode can require new osx.

Should I try to update it from the Appstore or just wait for Clover and Multibeast update? I am worried about it, to not get cut of from development for many months.
 

trs96

Moderator
Joined
Jul 31, 2012
Messages
13,216
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Mojave will support the latest Xcode long after the 10.15 betas are released so just stay on Mojave for at least 6 months. Worry about upgrading only when you have to, likely some time in 2020.
 
Joined
May 10, 2019
Messages
5
Motherboard
I don't know, Dell Optiplex 9020
CPU
i7 4670
Graphics
intel hd 4600
Mojave will support the latest Xcode long after the 10.15 betas are released so just stay on Mojave for at least 6 months. Worry about upgrading only when you have to, likely some time in 2020.
Ok, thank you for your answer. Thread may be closed ;)
 
Joined
May 15, 2016
Messages
4,291
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170M D3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
Sorry if the question is dumb, but I am very noob.
Installed hackintosh on Dell Optiplex 9020 from instruction found on this forum.
My current version is Mojave.

I am using this for learning Swift development and working on my app for the Appstore. When Apple will release 10.14.5, then can be the issue with development and next Xcode can require new osx.

Should I try to update it from the Appstore or just wait for Clover and Multibeast update? I am worried about it, to not get cut of from development for many months.
My Haswell pentium updated to the latest xCode and its in beta 14.5 you should have no problem. It was required to update the xCode before the beta would load. But on another system without xCode installed it updated no problem.
 
Top