Contribute
Register

Will MacOS run on the XPS 13 7390?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @mbrink1999, I have managed to get this working too - I'm still busy trying to get everything working though and will post final EFI once I'm there.

Meantime, just to help you out, you can get your audio working by using AppleALC kext and setting alcid=23 under your NVRAM boot args

You can also get your iGPU to work correctly with acceleration by using the latest WhateverGreen kext and setting the following in NVRAM boot args (removing your -igxvesa and replacing with these) -igfxdvmt -igfxcdc -igfxonln=1

The only issue with the iGPU enabling, is that I now lose wifi - it loads the wifi drivers etc, but wifi no longer sees any of my SSIDs. So I'm working on that and will get back to you.

Also, strange thing I picked up with your EFI is that Bluetooth works, but cannot connect a bluetooth mouse to it - it sees it but wont pair, no big deal this one, but will try take a crack at fixing that too once I get my wifi working again.

Hi @mbrink1999, I have managed to get this working too - I'm still busy trying to get everything working though and will post final EFI once I'm there.

Meantime, just to help you out, you can get your audio working by using AppleALC kext and setting alcid=23 under your NVRAM boot args

You can also get your iGPU to work correctly with acceleration by using the latest WhateverGreen kext and setting the following in NVRAM boot args (removing your -igxvesa and replacing with these) -igfxdvmt -igfxcdc -igfxonln=1

The only issue with the iGPU enabling, is that I now lose wifi - it loads the wifi drivers etc, but wifi no longer sees any of my SSIDs. So I'm working on that and will get back to you.

Also, strange thing I picked up with your EFI is that Bluetooth works, but cannot connect a bluetooth mouse to it - it sees it but wont pair, no big deal this one, but will try take a crack at fixing that too once I get my wifi working again.
Sorry, forgot to add you need to change your DeviceProperties -> Add -> PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)->AAPL,ig-platform-id to 00008A52 and add property device-id (type data) with value 825A0000

Also, forgot to mention, Thunderbolt isnt working either with your EFI, it detects as standard USB only, so will try sort that too at some point

Fixed wifi, I had both itlwm.kext and Airportitlwm.kext loaded, just needed to delete the itlwm.kext and remove from config

Sorry, forgot to add you need to change your DeviceProperties -> Add -> PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)->AAPL,ig-platform-id to 00008A52 and add property device-id (type data) with value 825A0000

Also, forgot to mention, Thunderbolt isnt working either with your EFI, it detects as standard USB only, so will try sort that too at some point
Err, its 0000528A and 0000528A not the otherway around as I said above.

:)

Dell XPS 13 7390 2-in-1 (2020 model)

Running MacOS Big Sur 11.1

1610552033468.png

iGPU working perfectly, sound working perfectly, wifi working (though does tend to bug out when switching between different SSIDs). Thunderbolt ports act as USB 3 hubs now, ie. they will not be hot pluggable and you wont get full bandwidth from them.

Currently I'm running an external display (full HD res) via hub, but will be adding a 5k 49" tomorrow, I highly doubt that it will achieve full res as the mac doesnt know it has that bandwidth available.

Anyway, I've attached my EFI folder for anyone else in the future who wants to use it to hack their Dell XPS 13.

Enjoy! And thanks to @mbrink1999 for the starting point.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.8 MB · Views: 371

View attachment 504893

iGPU working perfectly, sound working perfectly, wifi working (though does tend to bug out when switching between different SSIDs). Thunderbolt ports act as USB 3 hubs now, ie. they will not be hot pluggable and you wont get full bandwidth from them.

Currently I'm running an external display (full HD res) via hub, but will be adding a 5k 49" tomorrow, I highly doubt that it will achieve full res as the mac doesnt know it has that bandwidth available.

Anyway, I've attached my EFI folder for anyone else in the future who wants to use it to hack their Dell XPS 13.

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

View attachment 504893

i think this is not working
big sur 11.1 + oc 0.6.4
my laptop is xps 7390 2in1
i7 1065g7 16gb ram 512 ssd 4k display
my bios setteing
bios version 1.6.2
  • System Configuration --> SATA Operation --> AHCI
  • Security --> Absolute --> Disabled
  • Security --> SMM Security Mitigation --> Disabled
  • Security --> Intel SGX --> Disabled/Software Control
  • Secure Boot --> Enable Secure Boot --> Toggle OFF
  • Secure Boot --> Secure Boot Mode --> Deployed Mode

pls help...

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_20210121_174623337.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20210121_174623337.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 129
  • KakaoTalk_20210121_175151637.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20210121_175151637.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 126
  • KakaoTalk_20210121_175151637_01.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20210121_175151637_01.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:

View attachment 504893

Hello Blueneon,
Thanks for all your research and your EFI.
I'm trying to install Catalina or Big Sur on a Dell XPS 13 7390 NOT 2-in-1, with 1920x1080 resolution.
Could you tell me how you found the correct mac model? (MacBookAir9,1 for your 2-in-1?) I guess mine will be different iGPUwise.
The macserial tools I used didn't help much to find a compatible model.
I'm on OpenCorePkg 0.6.6.
Thanks in advance.

So i got this running pretty well with the EFI file provided by @Blueneon running the newest version of Big Sur.

Only issues i am having right now is i cant get the Keyboard and mouse to work.
Any advise would be appreciated, as this is my third hackintosh ever i am still learning more about it!

Thank you!

XPS 13 7390 2-in-1 1065g7

anyone had any success with the 7390 model of 2019 (not 2-in-1)?
i have the one with i7-1051U processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back