Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
N?A
CPU
i7-10510U
Graphics
N/A
Hello everyone,

I have literally just placed an order for a Dell XPS 13 7390 with a i7-10510U.
Does anyone know whether or not I have chances of reliably running MacOS on it?

I heard that it is unlikely MacOS will run on it due to the Intel® UHD Graphics, and if it will I won't have hardware acceleration on it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Greetings Love, I too have been eyeing this laptop. However, the issue of compatibly won't lie with the UHD 620 GPU, since this has already been fully implemented with various ig-platform-id patches, but moreover with the fact that it's running the new 10th gen Ice lake architecture. No Mac product has supported these CPU as of yet, so that will be the first obstacle to over come, which will be rectified of course with future product updates.
But the biggest issue I find with this laptop is the fact that literally everything is integrated and can't be upgraded or replaced, more importantly is the WIFI card. We won't have native WIFI support because of this.

Greetings Love, I too have been eyeing this laptop. However, the issue of compatibly won't lie with the UHD 620 GPU, since this has already been fully implemented with various ig-platform-id patches, but moreover with the fact that it's running the new 10th gen Ice lake architecture. No Mac product has supported these CPU as of yet, so that will be the first obstacle to over come, which will be rectified of course with future product updates.
But the biggest issue I find with this laptop is the fact that literally everything is integrated and can't be upgraded or replaced, more importantly is the WIFI card. We won't have native WIFI support because of this.

Hey liteon6x, thanks for your response.

I was told that on the Ice lake you need to spoof the coffelake CPUID. As for wifi, will I be able to use a usb one at least temporary?

I know there are quite few linux ethernet drivers ported over to MacOSX86. Could we get lucky with this one in the future?

I just picked up the XPS 13 with the 10710u i7 processor. I was reading a laptop compatibility thread that said there was an aptio memory issue that still needs to be worked out for the Ice Lake and Comet i7 processors. i5 is fine, however. I'm assuming we can follow other guides from the coffee lake 7390 models? Obviously the wifi card will need to be replaced. I have an XPS 9550 that I will pull the DW1820 card out of.

I just picked up the XPS 13 with the 10710u i7 processor. I was reading a laptop compatibility thread that said there was an aptio memory issue that still needs to be worked out for the Ice Lake and Comet i7 processors. i5 is fine, however. I'm assuming we can follow other guides from the coffee lake 7390 models? Obviously the wifi card will need to be replaced. I have an XPS 9550 that I will pull the DW1820 card out of.
You can follow other guides but they won't work due to your i7 10th gen.

I have the same issue with the same computer. Some news?

I have the same issue with the same computer. Some news?
Can you try booting yours with this fakeid? I tried but still get same memory error.

Attachments

• 51966A27-263A-4D7D-93EE-AD1D78AF0AAA.png
    51966A27-263A-4D7D-93EE-AD1D78AF0AAA.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 277
Anyone working on this? what would be a nice starting guide that is close enough for this machine?
This guide is for a laptop with the same cpu

anyone tried it?

Anyone working on this? what would be a nice starting guide that is close enough for this machine?
This guide is for a laptop with the same cpu

anyone tried it?
I have not tried it but assuming all they are doing is setting the cpu fake id then it will most likely not work. The i7-10710U processor is different than the i7-10510U and doesn't work simply by changing the cpu id.

@R055 the model I have is the 4 cores one (7390 late 2019, i7-10510U ).

Still holding back going that way because it seems that trackpad audio and of course wifi have issues.

Extra bad also that to have WiFi in the end we will need a dongle to have USB wifi

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back