Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1486.jpg
    IMG_1486.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 138
After some Troubleshooting I got rid of most of the ACPI errors by adding compiled SSDTs. And came further in the boot process. Now I hang at Still Waiting for Root Device. Now I think the problem has to do with USB, because this laptop uses only USB-C/Thunderbolt, which are initialized but still I get the error Waiting for Root Device. Also I get the error of appleusbxhci unsupported speed mantissa.

Attachments

• IMG_1489.jpg
    IMG_1489.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1490.jpg
    IMG_1490.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 176
  • EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 156
I came here to post a link to the very same guide! :)

It looks like a USB issue, yeah. That sort of ACPI error is usually a sign that one of the SSDTs is messed up, but none of your SSDTs reference the ACPI path of _SB.PCI0.XHC.RHUB.HS09, or anything like it.

It would be helpful to get a full ACPI dump, to figure out where that's coming from.

Have you searched the forum for others posting about Ice Lake recently? There should be a lot happening on this front, right now.

I have searched a lot but I think this is a XPS 13 7390 issue because I see that this table is present in my DSDT. Which is loaded from my firmware.

I was thinking that it could also be a bug in OC hot-patching. But if the offending code is in your firmware, then I guess you're now into "cleaning up Dell's mess for them" territory.

It occurs to me you could also try creating an issue on the github for that guide. Maybe they've seen this one, already.

I got a kext from khronokernel that injects my pci id for xhci but the error Still waiting for root device persists. Same as with USBInjectAll that I get the error of unsupported speed mantissa.

I just got a 7390 2in1 from work: I'll try to get my head around this and try as well. I haven't built a Hackintosh in years but I have to try on this one, even if I know full well the touch screen and pen won't work. (On a side note, this is the first Windows laptop I've had in over 12 years that I'm actually impressed by)

I just got a 7390 2in1 from work: I'll try to get my head around this and try as well. I haven't built a Hackintosh in years but I have to try on this one, even if I know full well the touch screen and pen won't work. (On a side note, this is the first Windows laptop I've had in over 12 years that I'm actually impressed by)
You manage to get it to work yet? I've got the same 2-in-1 though I don't use the tablet/touchscreen side.. Would love to have macos running on here!

I got a kext from khronokernel that injects my pci id for xhci but the error Still waiting for root device persists. Same as with USBInjectAll that I get the error of unsupported speed mantissa.
You winning with your attempt?

Well I think this has to do with mapping of the thunderbolt/usb type c ports and the internal xhci controller. That macOS seems to fail at. I personally have no clue how I can handle this. So I have stopped trying. Ill start again with a new OpenCore version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back