Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi guys,

Just doing some research to get the most affordable (under € 1000) and solid build meeting the necessary requirements. Was hoping to get some views on this.

Intel Core i5-8600 Boxed € 261,51
Gigabyte Z370-HD3 € 94,-
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 570 4GD5 (11266-04) € 179,-
Fractal Design Define S € 69,90
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2C8G4D240FSB € 129,49
Corsair RM650x (2018) € 96,50
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB € 129,-

Are all components compatible with each other as well as either high sierra or mojave?
Also, which wifi+bluetooth card would be compatible + affordable?

With the new Mojave OSX supporting AMD GPU I figured I'd go for one, although I'm planning on installing High Sierra. I would like to have to option to update at some point though (although not a 'must'), hence the AMD card.

I'm going to be doing music producing plus some video editing and photoshop, nothing professional or suuuuper high performance required, so if you have any tips for saving a few bucks or perhaps better compatibility, please keep this in mind :)

Alright, thanks a bunch!

McFearless

hi guys,

Just doing some research to get the most affordable (under € 1000) and solid build meeting the necessary requirements. Was hoping to get some views on this.

Intel Core i5-8600 Boxed € 261,51
Gigabyte Z370-HD3 € 94,-
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 570 4GD5 (11266-04) € 179,-
Fractal Design Define S € 69,90
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2C8G4D240FSB € 129,49
Corsair RM650x (2018) € 96,50
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB € 129,-

Are all components compatible with each other as well as either high sierra or mojave?
Also, which wifi+bluetooth card would be compatible + affordable?

With the new Mojave OSX supporting AMD GPU I figured I'd go for one, although I'm planning on installing High Sierra. I would like to have to option to update at some point though (although not a 'must'), hence the AMD card.

I'm going to be doing music producing plus some video editing and photoshop, nothing professional or super high performance required, so if you have any tips for saving a few bucks or perhaps better compatibility, please keep this in mind :)

Alright, thanks a bunch!

McFearless

Yes, the build should be compatible with MacOS High Sierra and Mojave. You can also opt for a Sapphire RX 560 instead of a RX 570 if you want to save some money without sacrificing compatibility.

Yes, the build should be compatible with MacOS High Sierra and Mojave. You can also opt for a Sapphire RX 560 instead of a RX 570 if you want to save some money without sacrificing compatibility.

Thanks, glad to hear it. Any tips for the wifi/bluetooth module?

This is all I’ve used so I would know, though if you could get one it is a seemless process. All is working on it, Wi-fi & Bluetooth. In fact the Wi-fi is even faster than my MacBook Pro.

This is all I’ve used so I would know, though if you could get one it is a seemless process. All is working on it, Wi-fi & Bluetooth. In fact the Wi-fi is even faster than my MacBook Pro.

It sounds pretty great. I’ll definitely keep an eye out for it, thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back