Contribute
Register

Will It, Won't It — 7950X & Asus X670E-F gaming Wifi

Will It, Won't It?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which board are you thinking of purchasing, 670 or 650?.

I was thinking a 670, but basically anything that works without too much headache.

Sure have, I was tense for a while and was constantly refreshing the thread for new updates.. then when it booted into Ventura the first time I was like YESSS!!!

Thanks for your time and effort, it's much appreciated

@CaseySJ its very exciting what’s happening over on AMD OSX, with the new chipset. Are you confident?. Odd that you can’t choose to switch off iGPU in BIOS, hence my suggestion of declaring it in Metal, we won’t know until he gets home though.

@CaseySJ its very exciting what’s happening over on AMD OSX, with the new chipset. Are you confident?. Odd that you can’t choose to switch off iGPU in BIOS, hence my suggestion of declaring it in Metal, we won’t know until he gets home though.
Yes it is quite exciting. Reminds me of the Alder Lake thread when we first began!

Currently we can install Big Sur and Monterey from scratch on the new AM5 platform (Ryzen 7000 CPU and X670(E) chipset). But there are some issues we're still sorting out:
  • iGPU is still enabled, but I provided a new SSDT that may disable it
  • Audio is garbled and therefore practically unusable; not sure yet whether the SSDT to disable iGPU will help
  • i225-V is working, but not sure if it's able to auto-negotiate transfer speed
  • There may be an issue using any PCIe slot that is connected through the chipset (slots connected directly to CPU are okay)
  • TSC Sync issue -- the team has addressed this with an AMD version of TSCSync -- this looks like an Asus BIOS bug that might be fixed in some future BIOS update

First Ventura Bench for the 7950X on X670E-F, M1 Ultra territory.

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 11.38.09 AM.png

Yes it is quite exciting. Reminds me of the Alder Lake thread when we first began!
I see that you have Ryzen 7000 firmy in your Crosshair ;)

I think everyone posting here is already aware it works....kind of. PCIe functions do not as of yesterday meaning at the moment Nvme drives or Pcie add in cards are not recognized by the OS. It's early yet, it's possible it can be resolved, but as of right now some disappointing news. :beachball:

I think everyone posting here is already aware it works....kind of. PCIe functions do not as of yesterday meaning at the moment Nvme drives or Pcie add in cards are not recognized by the OS. It's early yet, it's possible it can be resolved, but as of right now some disappointing news. :beachball:
And on the ongoing saga of disabling the iGPU!, which @shanee pointed out is 'Possible', we'll likely see that in a future BIOS update maybe. Waiting on news about the Gigabyte boards too, there is one out there apparently!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back