Contribute
Register

Will It, Won't It — 7950X & Asus X670E-F gaming Wifi

Will It, Won't It?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And on the ongoing saga of disabling the iGPU!, which @shanee pointed out is 'Possible', we'll likely see that in a future BIOS update maybe. Waiting on news about the Gigabyte boards too, there is one out there apparently!.
Here's hoping for some positive news. :thumbup:

@Leesureone Did you vote?, did you know you can also vote for the fattest bear in 2022s ‘Fat Bear Week’, I think 747 got it though!.

Last edited:
I have an Asus Prime X670E Wifi with a 7900X. I am trying to get a drive with Ventura beta already installed to boot. No luck so far. Can someone with a working EFI be so kind as to share it here? TIA.

I have an Asus Prime X670E Wifi with a 7900X. I am trying to get a drive with Ventura beta already installed to boot. No luck so far. Can someone with a working EFI be so kind as to share it here? TIA.
You might be better served following the OP over at AMD OSX. I know @CaseySJ has put up some EFIs, but be aware that there are still some issues.

but be aware that there are still some issues.
Namely (for those who do not want to follow yet another thread/forum):
Monterey and Ventura cannot use PCIe devices other than the GPU—no NVMe, no network. Big Sur is fine.
All versions of macOS suffer from bad audio, from all sources.

For now, Ryzen 7000 is only for advanced users willing to experiment.

I have an Asus Prime X670E Wifi with a 7900X. I am trying to get a drive with Ventura beta already installed to boot. No luck so far.
NVMe drive, I suppose? Use Big Sur, or use a SATA drive, or go to AMD OSX to learn how to perform brain surgery on the (sealed) System volume to replace AppleACPIPlateform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext with the Big Sur versions.

You might be better served following the OP over at AMD OSX. I know @CaseySJ has put up some EFIs, but be aware that there are still some issues.

I have used nvme drives on monterey and ventura with no problems. Now, I don’t have the time nor the patience to build an EFI from scratch, so I admit, I scour these forums to find an EFI that works, so maybe the brain surgery was already done for me. I saw somewhere on this forum said you could use nvme on an m.2 socket that went through the cpu and not the chipset. I made sure I did that here, but no luck. I’ll give it a try with a sata drive.

UPDATE: I removed all the nvme drives and tried a 2.5” sata drive. I still get a kernel panic.

Last edited:
@CaseySJ would you be kind enough as to summarize the current situation with AM5, I’d like to discuss it on my hack desk channel.

@CaseySJ would you be kind enough as to summarize the current situation with AM5, I’d like to discuss it on my hack desk channel.
Alas we've reached an impasse now with regard to enabling PCIe compatibility in Monterey and Ventura. Big Sur works fine with PCIe. All versions of macOS, however, exhibit audio garbling.

We may need to involve Acidanthera folks.

I was able to hack the PCIe issue in Monterey by importing two kexts from Big Sur (AppleACPIPlatform and IOPCIFamily), but this is not a practical solution. Additionally, this hack does not work in Ventura.

I bought this exact motherboard and the 7950x processor yesterday...put me in couch, I'm ready to play!

@CaseySJ I went with my gut instinct and exchanged the 13700K and ProArt Z690.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back