Contribute
Register

Will I be using my pci slot with custommac mini deluxe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
on the introduction is says:
Please note that the included Intel m.2 card includes both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth but only the bluetooth features are available under OS X. If you don't use the PCIe slot, we recommend the TP-Link PCIe card below for native Wi-Fi support.​
I'm going to buy the exact components this site suggests with the solid state hardrive. Does that mean the pcie is in use or not? Apologies for stupid question, very new to pc building.

That configuration uses a mini ITX size motherboard that has only one PCIe slot. The CustoMac Mini example system does not use a graphics card, but uses the the processor's and motherboard's on-board graphics. (Note: your processor must support on-board graphics.) So, the PCIe slot is open unless you decide to use it for a WiFi PCIe card like one of the TP-LINK Wireless cards.

Hi stork, thanks for the message. I thought the mini deluxe did list a graphics card (bottom of the list). So i do plan to use PCIE card. Done a little bit more research i found you can have usb wife cards. Hopefully they will work fine?

OMG! I missed the Deluxe part. Check to see if the WiFi/BT card is connected to the motherboard mPCIe. If so, in my Hector build, I replaced the Gigabyte (Intel) WiFi/BT card with an iMac WiFi/BT card with an adapter card. Before I did that, I used a USB 3 WiFi dongle. So, check out my Hector build.

Update: The two motherboards in the CustoMac Deluxe build use M.2 connection for the WiFi/BT card. So, you'll have to look for an Apple iMac WiFi/BT card M.2 adapter card instead of the mSATA.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back