Motherboard
MSI Z170A Gaming M3
CPU
i5-6600
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
GTX-1080.jpg

Hello Guys,
Any update about Geforce GTX 1080 & 1070? Will these new GPU's be compatible with Hackintosh? Will Nvidia release drivers for them?

View attachment 196118
Hello Guys,
Any update about Geforce GTX 1080 & 1070? Will these new GPU's be compatible with Hackintosh? Will Nvidia release drivers for them?

Only Apple and/or Nvidia can answer that question, but it seems likely that at least the Nvidia alternate ("Web") drivers will support the new models.

Only Apple and/or Nvidia can answer that question, but it seems likely that at least the Nvidia alternate ("Web") drivers will support the new models.
Yeah, Apple became Nvidia GPUs after switching to AMD in 2013. Fortunately, Nvidia has been very good about releasing drivers for OS X.

Yeah, Apple became Nvidia GPUs after switching to AMD in 2013. Fortunately, Nvidia has been very good about releasing drivers for OS X.

When did they got back to Nvidia? I would love that to happen again, but I've been having a look at apple.com and all the iMacs have just Intel GPUs, and all Mac Pros are AMD powered :(

When did they got back to Nvidia? I would love that to happen again, but I've been having a look at apple.com and all the iMacs have just Intel GPUs, and all Mac Pros are AMD powered :(
They went back to Nvidia briefly in 2012.

Well. Looks like we are soon to get a long awaited MAC drivers! Nvidia announced gaming plans to "supercharge" gaming on MAC and PC.
I hope with this the wait be over!

http://www.geforce.com/geforce-now

image.png

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 491
  • image.png
    image.png
    2 MB · Views: 416
Well. Looks like we are soon to get a long awaited MAC drivers! Nvidia announced gaming plans to "supercharge" gaming on MAC and PC.
I hope with this the wait be over!

Not at all related to macOS driver support for 1000 series cards - this is cloud computing in action.

Not at all related to macOS driver support for 1000 series cards - this is cloud computing in action.

Mea Culpa (My bad)...
I got e-mail on my phone, and got excited.
Just now I have read all the details... Things do look bleak for driver support indeed...

I have no problem with Titan X (Pascal) on my Windows rig, but since my main workflow involves GPU on MAC, I run 980ti on another rig. Meanwhile patiently smoking on the side with Pascal.

Also check the hundreds of pages already on this topic on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back