Contribute
Register

Will Gigabyte GA-Z270N-GAMING 5 work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, I am using the Gigabyte z270n gaming 5 as a motherboard for a server project, but am experiencing problems trying to install macOS Mojave so I fell back to a Linux server distro (just to try things out).

I updated my motherboard's bios to the latest version before install - so that could be the problem but I've found guides that use the latest version - and made a Mojave installer using Unibeast but the computer keeps rebooting upon initiating the install.

At first I thought it might've been a hardware problem but a general Linux install worked without any hiccups. Does anyone have any tips that I can try?

Does anyone have any tips that I can try?
Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops / crashes.

Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops / crashes.
What do you mean boot in verbose mode? It's on install load that it crashes, not post install

What do you mean boot in verbose mode? It's on install load that it crashes, not post install

Boot with the -v flag set, also helps to set the flag debug=0x100 to prevent reboot on error so you can see the actual error message / failure point. These are standard boot flags regardless of installer boot or OS boot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back