Contribute
Register

Will Gigabyte GA-Z270N-GAMING 5 work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm gonna build my first hackintosh (mini ITX). I'm interested in GA-Z270N-GAMING 5 mobo. Will it work? I cannot see it on 200 series early adopters buyers list. There is only GA-Z270N-WIFI and GA-H270N-WIFI listed.

How about GA-Z270N-GAMING 5 mobo ? Is it good for hackintosh build?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, it should work. The Intel Wifi/Bluetooth is incompatible, however, you'll have to replace it (if you need Wifi/Bluetooth) with a compatible module (they're usually M.2 these days).
Yes, I'm aware of that. I've already read about required Boardcom chipset unit.

Thanks !

It's working for me. Good luck!

can someone who has Gigabyte Z270n Gaming 5 mobo, please share your config.plist file and SSDT files. I am having issues at reboot time; where is just goes to say "invalid format"' or a stop sign symbol. will really appreciate your help. I am using
Gigabyte Z270n Gaming 5 mobo
Intel i5-7600
intel CPU graphics.
Balistix LT DDR4 2400
Broadcom 94360
LG55B7p- LG 4k OLED Tv as screen.

can someone who has Gigabyte Z270n Gaming 5 mobo, please share your config.plist file and SSDT files. I am having issues at reboot time; where is just goes to say "invalid format"' or a stop sign symbol. will really appreciate your help. I am using
Gigabyte Z270n Gaming 5 mobo
Intel i5-7600
intel CPU graphics.
Balistix LT DDR4 2400
Broadcom 94360
LG55B7p- LG 4k OLED Tv as screen.

I meant to reply to you back in October. I apologize. I see you were last online on Thursday. Just in case you or anyone else still needs it:

Attachments

• z270n Gaming 5 Clover.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 301
Has anyone managed to get this to work with the onboard Bluetooth and wifi?

Yes, it should work. The Intel Wifi/Bluetooth is incompatible, however, you'll have to replace it (if you need Wifi/Bluetooth) with a compatible module (they're usually M.2 these days).

Hi there just new to this forum and Hacintosh.
Could you elaborate it a bit more? So the built-in wifi/bluetooth module won't work in Mac? because the Intel module isn't compatible?
I'm thinking to buy the ASUS ROG STRIX Z350-I GAMING. It has WiFi/bluetooth builtin.

If it doesn't support then I will look for another board.

Also, I did check on the recommended list, it seems all those cards have only wifi or bluetooth, would there be a card has both wi-fi and bluetooth you would recommend? (I will be looking for a powerful one)

many thanks~

I replaced the wifi card with a native Mac one (along with an appropriate adapter) the Bluetooth works in clover (bootloader) along with the bios. I'm inordinately pleased with this board.

I replaced the wifi card with a native Mac one (along with an appropriate adapter) the Bluetooth works in clover (bootloader) along with the bios. I'm inordinately pleased with this board.
Hello!

I'm trying to build my hackintosh, and unfortunately I bought a Z270N-Gaming-5. Do you have a link to buy a wifi-bt replacement card?

Thanks!.
Gustavo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back