Motherboard
MSI Z390-a Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi, hoping someone can help. Sorry if I ask novice questions, its my first hackintosh with OC and ryzen (original build still running after 10 years). My new build Asus B550M-PLUS, Ryzen 3600, GTX 1060, 16gb ddr4-3600, WD Black SN750 m.2, Samsung SSD 980 m.2. Didn't realise the samsung was an issue until after I bought it, so using that for Windows. I followed the OC guide and I was able to get Catalina to boot successfully on the WD m.2 but my Adobe Creative suite wouldn't install. Tried Mojave and then High Sierra with no success. More reading and it would seem I need to go back to El Capitan or earlier. Is this possible on the hardware I have? My old hack is 10 years old and struggling hence building something with a bit more power. I can't afford to use creative cloud subscription and a newer OS so need to get the old creative suite I own working on a newer machine, if possible. I've been through building the legacy stick a few times from scartch but cant get it to boot. High Sierra is still installed (I've tried erasing), but if I choose the El Capitan disk at boot it says it cant be installed on this mac. I have changed the plist for the El Cap build to few earlier mac pro and serial numbers. I know the nvidia card is an issue but it has worked so far in all 3 OSX I've tried. I do have a HD5770 in the old build I could use and will probably buy an AMD card when available and prices come back down.
Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Hi, hoping someone can help. Sorry if I ask novice questions, its my first hackintosh with OC and ryzen (original build still running after 10 years). My new build Asus B550M-PLUS, Ryzen 3600, GTX 1060, 16gb ddr4-3600, WD Black SN750 m.2, Samsung SSD 980 m.2. Didn't realise the samsung was an issue until after I bought it, so using that for Windows. I followed the OC guide and I was able to get Catalina to boot successfully on the WD m.2 but my Adobe Creative suite wouldn't install. Tried Mojave and then High Sierra with no success. More reading and it would seem I need to go back to El Capitan or earlier. Is this possible on the hardware I have? My old hack is 10 years old and struggling hence building something with a bit more power. I can't afford to use creative cloud subscription and a newer OS so need to get the old creative suite I own working on a newer machine, if possible. I've been through building the legacy stick a few times from scartch but cant get it to boot. High Sierra is still installed (I've tried erasing), but if I choose the El Capitan disk at boot it says it cant be installed on this mac. I have changed the plist for the El Cap build to few earlier mac pro and serial numbers. I know the nvidia card is an issue but it has worked so far in all 3 OSX I've tried. I do have a HD5770 in the old build I could use and will probably buy an AMD card when available and prices come back down.
Thanks in advance for any pointers.

I don't believe you will be able to make El Capitan work on a Ryzen system, even with OpenCore.

Your GTX 1060 requires High Sierra with the Nvidia web drivers to work with hardware acceleration anyway. It is not supported on El Capitan and Mojave and later. So I would suggest you try your luck with High Sierra again.

I don't believe you will be able to make El Capitan work on a Ryzen system, even with OpenCore.

Your GTX 1060 requires High Sierra with the Nvidia web drivers to work with hardware acceleration anyway. It is not supported on El Capitan and Mojave and later. So I would suggest you try your luck with High Sierra again.
Thanks for the reply, I'll see if I can find anyone who got the adobe creative suite to install on High Sierra. The OC guide does a full legacy section but I guess that may not apply to ryzen.
I might look for a cheap second hand motherboard and chip to try and run el capitan that's faster than my i7 930.
What would you suggest an i5?
Thanks Alex

Thanks for the reply, I'll see if I can find anyone who got the adobe creative suite to install on High Sierra. The OC guide does a full legacy section but I guess that may not apply to ryzen.
I might look for a cheap second hand motherboard and chip to try and run el capitan that's faster than my i7 930.
What would you suggest an i5?
Thanks Alex
you get the Adobe Creative Suite from Adobe....

you get the Adobe Creative Suite from Adobe....
Yes, that's where I got mine. The issue I'm having is the adobe installer doesn't work and CS6 support is discontinued after El Capitan

Yes, that's where I got mine. The issue I'm having is the adobe installer doesn't work and CS6 support is discontinued after El Capitan
there are patches you can install that may help, maybe something like:

there are patches you can install that may help, maybe something like:
Thanks, I had seen them, I think they're for using the latest cloud versions. I can't afford to go that route when I have old disks and the programs are adequate for completing the work I do.

Thanks, I had seen them, I think they're for using the latest cloud versions. I can't afford to go that route when I have old disks and the programs are adequate for completing the work I do.
use compatible hardware for the macOS version you want to run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back