Contribute
Register

Will Catalina work properly on my laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X550LA
CPU
i5-4210u
Graphics
Intel HD 4400, 1366x768 + 24" 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have Asus X550L with next parts:
Intel i5-4210u
HD 4400 (1366*768)
8GB(4+4) 1600 MHz
256GB SSD Kingston KC600

I am using external 24" 1080P monitor. So hdmi output have to work.
Should i just follow this guide?

What should I use: UEFI Boot Mode or Legacy Boot Mode?

What should I use: UEFI Boot Mode or Legacy Boot Mode?

I changed my profile setup. I read it. My laptop is on compatibility list.
Why I have to use OpenCore? Why I can't follow this guide with clover and UniBeast? It think that way is easier.

Can I install Big Sur? Is it harder to adjust Big Sur or Catalina to work properly?

I changed my profile setup. I read it. My laptop is on compatibility list.
Why I have to use OpenCore? Why I can't follow this guide with clover and UniBeast? It think that way is easier.

Can I install Big Sur? Is it harder to adjust Big Sur or Catalina to work properly?
unibeast is for desktops

Okay, thanks. Can I download macOS from AppStore and continue with OpenCore or i must download it with gibMacOS?

In your tutorial, for Haswell we have to select MacBookPro 11,1.
On OpenCore website they said that we have to select iMac14,4. Is it maybe for desktops?
1.JPG

Okay, thanks. Can I download macOS from AppStore and continue with OpenCore or i must download it with gibMacOS?

In your tutorial, for Haswell we have to select MacBookPro 11,1.
On OpenCore website they said that we have to select iMac14,4. Is it maybe for desktops?
View attachment 510606
iMac is a desktop

MacBookPro is a laptop

download via appstore or gibmacos

Hey,
I installed Big Sur on my laptop.
HDMI output, Audio, Wifi, Camera, touchpad and keyboard don't working. Usb mouse and keyboard are working. I know that I can fix that with kexts, but I have question before doing that.

System don't work properly, it's lagging, stoping animations when opening something from dock. Can I fix that or maybe I have to install Mojave(If Mojave needs less system requirements) for example?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back