Motherboard
Gigabyte H370M-D3H-Clover
CPU
i3-8350K
Graphics
RX 570, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a fully functional Ivy Bridge system..3.29 GHz Intel Core i3 with a NVIDIA GTX 650Ti. Can I put in any Ivy Bridge CPU now? Not looking to overclock, but wanting a bit more power...looking for a i5 something or other...thoughts?

I have a fully functional Ivy Bridge system..3.29 GHz Intel Core i3 with a NVIDIA GTX 650Ti. Can I put in any Ivy Bridge CPU now? Not looking to overclock, but wanting a bit more power...looking for a i5 something or other...thoughts?

So you're swapping one Ivy CPU for a different Ivy CPU?

That is the idea

OK. So you have Ivy now. And you just want a faster Ivy CPU? Why do you think that won't work?

Confused...

Just verifying...i guess with the initial setup Tony always has the CPUs with HD4000...but if I have a dedicated working video card, it doesn't matter. Tigerdirect has the i5 3570k on sale today...so tempting...

Just verifying...i guess with the initial setup Tony always has the CPUs with HD4000...but if I have a dedicated working video card, it doesn't matter. Tigerdirect has the i5 3570k on sale today...so tempting...

All Ivy Bridge Core i-series CPUs have HD4000.

Core i5 3570k has HD4000
Core i5 3570 has HD2500

OK, true. I should have said HD4K or HD2.5K. At any rate, all Ivy Core i-series have a supported on-chip integrated graphics handled by OS X Capri kext (although HD2500 is not as good as HD4000).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back