Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm looking to utilize a Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD for my Mavericks build. My only concern is running into the boot0 error because of an incompatible block size. Has anyone tried an EVO >500GB so far?

I'm looking to utilize a Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD for my Mavericks build. My only concern is running into the boot0 error because of an incompatible block size. Has anyone tried an EVO >500GB so far?

I've never seen any SSD that is partitioned correctly having the Boot0 error problem.
All SSDs have the 4 KB sectors so it shouldn't make any difference what the total size is.
I've used many sub 500 GB drives and never seen it. Mostly happens on mechanical
HDDs with 4KB sectors.

I've never seen any SSD that is partitioned correctly having the Boot0 error problem.
All SSDs have the 4 KB sectors so it shouldn't make any difference what the total size is.
I've used many sub 500 GB drives and never seen it. Mostly happens on mechanical
HDDs with 4KB sectors.

That's fantastic to hear. Thank you

We will be adding the Samsung EVO series to the Buyer's Guide. They do require TRIM to be enabled. There's a patch in MultiBeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back