Contribute
Register

Will a OcUK GeForce GTX 970 work in a Hackintosh system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X - Gaming GT ATX
CPU
intel Core i7-4790k 4.00GHz LGA1150
Graphics
OcUK GeForce GTX 970 Nvidia
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi
I'm having trouble finding information on a OcUK GeForce GTX 970 "Nvidia 970 Cooler Edition" graphics card on this forum. I would like to know if this will work okay in a Hackintosh system. This particular card is made by overclockers uk. It has the body of the more expensive "reference design" EVGA GTX 980, but is only a fraction more in price than other 970's with cheaper build. There are only two GTX 970s that the tonymac buyer's guide recommend, the Gigabyte and a EVGA. I have read quite a few customer reviews on them, and people always talk about coil whine? I have also read an official review where the reviewer has never experienced coil whine and suggested that it could be related to using a power supply with the wrong wattage? I would still sooner go for the OcUK version for the better build if it would be compatible. There are several makes of Nvidia GTX 970's, would the Nvidia 970 drivers would be the same for all 970 models? If so, wouldn't they all work? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have sorted everything else that I want to buy for my first build, but I am stuck which graphic card?

I'm going to get one of those. Have you managed to make it work?

hello was wondering if you ever got OcUK GeForce GTX 970 working ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back