Contribute
Register

Will a ASUS HD 6870 DirectCU work with a 27" Apple Display?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
P8P67
CPU
i7 2600k
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
So I've heard something about some cards in the 5-series with normal displayport not working with the 27" Apple Cinema Display with a displayport->mini-displayport adapter due to some bug even tho the connectors should be identical other then the physical connector. So I wanted to ask if anyone know if this is true in the 6-series as well or if it's fixed now?

The reason that I am asking is because I'm planning on buying a Asus HD 6870 DirectCU card because it's quieter, cooler, cheaper (in Sweden) and use higher quality components then the reference HD 6870 and because of that it also clocks better. However one drawback is that it only got "normal" Displayports and not mini, well it's really only a drawback if it won't work with an ACD, otherwise it doesn't really matter as an adapter is dirt cheap.

So anyone know or got any experience in this?

See this thread: viewtopic.php?p=101452#p101452 Starting with this post, you should get an idea of what's going on. I'd also looking the Wiki > Graphics H/W. (Link to the Forum Wiki is located in the Resources pull down menu, top, right of this page.)

Search really works on this Forum, too. :eek:

Stork said:
See this thread: viewtopic.php?p=101452#p101452 Starting with this post, you should get an idea of what's going on. I'd also looking the Wiki > Graphics H/W. (Link to the Forum Wiki is located in the Resources pull down menu, top, right of this page.)

Search really works on this Forum, too. :eek:
Yeah I were searching for that thread knowing that I had seen something like that before but couldn't find it, thanks for the link. :D :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back