Contribute
Register

wildwillow's Dual Boot Skylake Build : Asus Z170 Deluxe - i5-6600K - GTX970 SSC - 32GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last BIOS (3504). In Advanced-->APM configuration-->ErP ready I selected S4+S5 (previously was disabled). It now shuts down. It also goes to sleep well.

High Sierra seems to work fine now. The only issue I have is some difficulty logging on to my NAS in Finder after some time without rebooting; I have to restart Finder (or reboot). Nothing terrible, but a bit annoying. I guess it'll get fixed in next MAC OSX updates.

Edit: I finally had to apply the "fix shutdown" option for it to properly shutdown without rebooting.

Last edited:
The only difference between your system and mine is the dual nvidia cards. Pull one out and try?.

The only difference between your system and mine is the dual nvidia cards. Pull one out and try?.
Hi fjf,

thanks for your help, but I am still not able to get it the 10.13 installer booted, however the problem changed subtly.

The USB installer I had created still crashed in exactly the same way, however the upgrade installer on the hard disk no longer did. Instead, it moved on to Waiting for DSMOS, and then I got this beauty:

Process[156] crashed: AirPlayXPCHelper. Too many corposes being created.
Process[87] crashed: iconservicesagen. Too many corposes being created.
Process[121] crashed: corebrightnessd. Too many corposes being created.
Process[157] crashed: corebrightnessd. Too many corposes being created.
Process[99] crashed: wirelessproxyd. Too many corposes being created.
Process[158] crashed: wirelessproxyd. Too many corposes being created.

And with that, the system hangs.

A quick google around for this showed that this might be a broken or incorrect FakeSMC, so I went ahead and downloaded the newest and dropped it into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other/FakeSMC.kext and it changed nothing whatsoever, and so I remain stuck. :(

I also find the notion that I have a broken FakeSMC to be strange considering 10.12.6 boots up perfectly fine. Even iMessage is working.

Take a second look at your BIOS settings (as specified in the first post) and make sure you have disabled the "simulate keyboard and mouse" option to be able to use the last (3504) BIOS: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...gb-nvidia-gtx-1080.183302/page-8#post-1609553

Besides that, your system should work. Mine does. Unless there is some hardware problem we do not know of.

You can also take a look at this other guide using our motherboard and your same video card: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-deluxe-i7-6700k-16gb-nvidia-gtx-1080.183302/

Thanks for your great guide! I'm starting next week to set up my hackintosh. I have the same components as you, only the graphics card is a Nvidia GTX 980 STRIX.

Is it possible to set up a macOS 10.3.X instantly?

Hey there, I currently have a working, fully functional system, but just got an NVMe drive installed that I'd like to boot macOS on it. I can't seem to get to the installer on the flashdrive using the latest BIOS. Is anyone else experiencing this? I can boot to the UEFI on the USB stick (granted, it takes a very long time) then after selecting the "external" partition to boot to with the installer on it, I get the apple logo and a load bar that is stuck at 0/1% and does not move no matter how long I leave it. Is this an issue with the new BIOS? 10.13 has native support for NVMe so I am looking to utilize that with a fresh install on a new drive, using the old SATA one as storage. If I can get to the installer on the USB flashdrive, I'll be all set.

Something interesting that happened when I booted to the clover boot screen on my current funtionsal hackintosh drive, then booted to the external partition on the flash drive, it worked until I clicked "Install Mac OS X" where I got the error, "Recovery server could not be contacted." Strange! Any advice? I've contributed to this thread before, regarding getting audio to work on this board in OS X, but curious if anyone is having this issue as of late.

I believe I have all the correct BIOS settings, however "USB Configuration > XHCI Hand Off > Enabled" has been removed from newer revisions. Though this hasn't caused me any problems with recent installations (I guess until now).

EDIT: Downgraded the BIOS to version 3201 to get that setting back and it is now working with the newest version of UniBeast created flashdrive.

Last edited:
Just updated to High Sierra.
Everything works fine except the Bluetooth..
WiFi is OK.

I got the Bluetooth status icon in menu bar, but when I click on it, it says "Bluetooth: Not Available."
In the System Preferences there is no Bluetooth icon.

I did this step:
Download RehabMan's bundle RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM
2 kexts required
  • BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
  • BrcmPatchRam2.kext
Place both kexts on the desktop. Download KextBeast 2.0.1 and install to /L/E.

But when I try the next one:
Next download this script from toleda's repo wireless_bcm94352-110-v4.0.command.zip (you may have to run script again after a 10.11.X update).

I get this error:
wireless_bcm94352-110.command_v4.0c
OS X Version: 10.13.6 is not supported
No system files were changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back