Contribute
Register

wildwillow's Dual Boot Skylake Build : Asus Z170 Deluxe - i5-6600K - GTX970 SSC - 32GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Before of upgrade BIOS to version of 3007 (BIOS 1801), my system was work flawless. But now, after boot the system is freezing. I've shared Config below.

My system;
  • Asus Z170 Deluxe
  • i7 6700K
  • 32 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GTX 680
  • OS= Sierra 10.12.3
Hi nomadturk,
If this is the config.plist that you used whilst running the 1801 BIOS then it may just be a setting in the BIOS that you've overlooked simply as the new BIOS resets to default parameters. Looking at your config.plist I would remove AsusAICPUPM since this is not needed for Asus 100 series. I would also set inject kexts to Yes rather than Detect.
You could also take a look at your system logs to see if anything stands out at the time of the system freeze.

Hi nomadturk,
If this is the config.plist that you used whilst running the 1801 BIOS then it may just be a setting in the BIOS that you've overlooked simply as the new BIOS resets to default parameters. Looking at your config.plist I would remove AsusAICPUPM since this is not needed for Asus 100 series. I would also set inject kexts to Yes rather than Detect.
You could also take a look at your system logs to see if anything stands out at the time of the system freeze.
Thank you for your answer. I will write the result here after apply your advice.

@wildwillow
I read the USB guide as you suggested me in USB thread.
I have two questions. Remember I'm in Sierra and no Captain as your original guide.

- When the SSDT-USB with ports you need to work is placed into clover, is necesary the kext USBInjectAll.kext or have you deleted?
- When I check my ports manually, some blue ports only works with 2.0 pendrive and not work with 3.0 pendrives. This is normal?

Thank you.

When the SSDT-USB with ports you need to work is placed into clover, is necesary the kext USBInjectAll.kext or have you deleted?
You still need to have USBInjectAll.kext present either in /Library/Extensions or /EFI/Clover > either the other folder or OS specific folder.

When I check my ports manually, some blue ports only works with 2.0 pendrive and not work with 3.0 pendrives. This is normal?
No for you to document your USB's including both USB2.0 and USB3.0 you'll need to use another raise limit patch for macOS Sierra here USB - New Raise Port Limit Patch for macOS 10.12 Sierra
This should allow you see connected USB3.0 ports.

Hi, I have the same config and running 10.12.3.
What Bios number do you have with the same OS X Sierra and working USb3.0?
Does the USB 3.1 works too?
Hi fcom,
Currently I'm running BIOS v1801, I've run them all up to v3201 and they all work. The reason I'm running v1801 is because I'm using the Asus ThunderboltEX3 and it boots consistently with it installed. The newer BIOSes seem to cause boot failures into OS X on occasions. USB3.0 work on all BIOS versions. The only USB3.1 device I have works including in the Type-C port. The ports on the rear are ASMedia and work with RehabMan's GenericUSBXHCI.kext.
This is all documented in post #1. If you want to create an SSDT for your USB to start use the raise port limit for macOS Sierra in Post#458 and refer to the method in the build description.

Last edited:
Today, after months of stable behavior, my mac OS has no Bluetooth. Wifi works, and in the BIOS Bluetooth is enabled. I am still on 10.11.5, no changes to the system, and yesterday worked fine. What can I do?. I lost the trackpad and magic keyboard...The trackpad loss is specially painful...

Thanks a lot!
Your BT is being detected in IOReg. You can see this under XHC@14 Port - HS07 BCM20702A. Is BT showing in System Preferences as an option or is it missing completely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back