Contribute
Register

wildwillow's Dual Boot Skylake Build : Asus Z170 Deluxe - i5-6600K - GTX970 SSC - 32GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Wildwillow. Your guide is incredible. I have an ASUS Z170-Deluxe and cannot seem to get my audio ports to work properly. I ran one of Toleda's scripts and only the orange port on the board outputs any sound, but I really need the green one to. Any ideas to fix this? Have you had luck with Sierra? I had the green port working in El Capitan but when I fresh installed Sierra I started from scratch. I'd love to go back to El Capitan then upgrade but now unibeast won't recognize the El Capitan file I have for some reason. If you got your green port to work I'd love to know how! Thanks for your time in advance.
Hi Cceptus,
Thanks for compliment, audio is working correctly within OS X/macOS for an analog output using the black port-line out. My green port works but there is no amp, so it renders it useless/almost silent. Black port works great for my needs and as Post#1 I've not installed audio for Windows that can be known to cause conflict.

I'll try. Did you install sierra de novo from USB or updated using clover as describes Tonymac?.
I installed macOS Sierra using Create Install Media then running Clover targeting the USB, same as tonymacx86's guide but now UniBeast for macOS Sierra is live so I would suggest using it or your current EFI folder; update Clover, FakeSMC.kext and you should be good. The install guide from Post#1 will work for a fresh install.

Black port works great for my needs and as Post#1 I've not installed audio for Windows that can be known to cause conflict.

Ahh I see. Yes my black and orange ports seem to work well, mainly the black one, but the green remains completely silent. Perhaps we're having the same problem. I just kept thinking maybe the script I ran did not enable it? I ran toleda's audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0b0.command. I do run Windows as much as I do Mac for games and some productivity stuff that isn't on my Mac SSD, so I do need sound there, which sadly requires the green port. So I'd have to keep switching the speakers' plug unless there's some way to make windows think that the "line out" is the black port, or I get the audio working properly from the green port on Mac. Thank you for the reply though. Didn't know if you had the magical green port solution I was looking for ^__^

If I find anything out or get it to work, I'll report back here and tell you how I did it!

Last edited:
My green port works but there is no amp, so it renders it useless/almost silent.
I can't even believe it but once I got my green port working this also happened to me. I think I'm going to get an external DAC to solve the problem. Do you think this will do the trick? If maybe I use optical out or the green port to a DAC with an amp?

Hi Wildwillow! I'm reporting back,
Install this to System/Library/Extensions with Kextbeast to get your green port to work properly ^__^
View attachment CodecCommander.kext.zip

That's a pre-made CodecCommander.kext for ALC1150 (like us)

GREEN PORT IS AMPED AND WORKING PERFECTLY

Hope this helps you!

Greetings, Wildwillow.

First of all, a huge thanks to you for your guide. I was able to successfully get Sierra 98% working, with minimal effort, due in large part to your excellent efforts. That said, I'm still having issues with getting the 'raise port limit patch' to work, and I'm wanting desperately to create a USB-SSDT, and finish this otherwise flawless setup. -Any help would be VERY appreciated!

I've used the latest USBInjectAll.kext and patched my config.plist
View media item 187678
Unfortunately I'm still not seeing more than 15 ports
View media item 187679

Hi Wildwillow! I'm reporting back,
Install this to System/Library/Extensions with Kextbeast to get your green port to work properly ^__^
View attachment CodecCommander.kext.zip

That's a pre-made CodecCommander.kext for ALC1150 (like us)

GREEN PORT IS AMPED AND WORKING PERFECTLY

Hope this helps you!
Thanks for reporting back and with success. I'll test it when I get a chance later.
From where and who made the kext? If it works for me too I may add it to Post#1 but I would like to add credit for the work done here.

Edit found it, credits : TimeWalker/RehabMan.

Last edited:
Greetings, Wildwillow.

First of all, a huge thanks to you for your guide. I was able to successfully get Sierra 98% working, with minimal effort, due in large part to your excellent efforts. That said, I'm still having issues with getting the 'raise port limit patch' to work, and I'm wanting desperately to create a USB-SSDT, and finish this otherwise flawless setup. -Any help would be VERY appreciated!

I've used the latest USBInjectAll.kext and patched my config.plist
View media item 187678
Unfortunately I'm still not seeing more than 15 ports
View media item 187679
Greetings 7sudden,
No problem, my guess is that you've tried to the patch in Post#1 which is for El Capitan. Once I get the chance I'll be updating the Build Description for macOS Sierra. For now check out linked thread, this patch works in macOS Sierra USB - New Raise Port Limit Patch for macOS 10.12 Sierra. Let me know how this works for you. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back