Contribute
Register

wildwillow's Dual Boot Skylake Build : Asus Z170 Deluxe - i5-6600K - GTX970 SSC - 32GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using a USB HUB or is this connected to your Cinema Display. Also have you got a second Nvidia graphics card installed? I can tell you that before I removed the raise port limit patch for USBInjectAll.kext my system would not sleep. It slept for like a second then woke straight up again, sometimes to the reboot that you have seen.
My suggestion would be make an SSDT for your USB's by testing all 2.0 and 3.0 devices documenting them as I did in Post#1.
Since doing this I haven't had any sleep woes at all.

Are you using a USB HUB or is this connected to your Cinema Display. Also have you got a second Nvidia graphics card installed? I can tell you that before I removed the raise port limit patch for USBInjectAll.kext my system would not sleep.

USB hub is a PCIE card that is native to OSX. I do have 2x 780's. I've tried to dabble in this SSDT but I got confused. It was too hard for me to follow. I'm basically using all internal USB ports and only one external, one of the intel usb 2.0 at the back. The rest is via my USB pcie card so I don't think there's any clashes?

Any chance I can use your USB SSDT to test?

USB hub is a PCIE card that is native to OSX. I do have 2x 780's. I've tried to dabble in this SSDT but I got confused. It was too hard for me to follow. I'm basically using all internal USB ports and only one external, one of the intel usb 2.0 at the back. The rest is via my USB pcie card so I don't think there's any clashes?

Any chance I can use your USB SSDT to test?
What case USB ports do you have and what do you have connected to internally. I've documented what I have connected internally - what USB ports I've used, remember that USBInjectAll relates only to Intel USB Ports. It is really straight forward to document the ports in use and you only have to inject those ports. Alternatively if you are only using one Intel USB2.0 port on the back of the case and as you have the PCIe add-on card, temporarily disconnect your case ports and turn off the USB ports individually in the BIOS and remove the raise port limit patch and test sleep, best solution would be create an SSDT-USB.aml. If you want to do this I will help you.

What case USB ports do you have and what do you have connected to internally. I've documented what I have connected internally - what USB ports I've used, remember that USBInjectAll relates only to Intel USB Ports.

Thanks. Ive got this case, the InWin909. https://www.inwin-style.com/en/gaming-chassis/909

* My 2x internal ports are both connected to the case ports. Each USB 3.0 internal port breaks out to 2x case ports, so a total of 4x case ports (one of which is a USB 3.1 type C port). I would like these to remain active.
*The 2x USB 2.0 ports are connected seperately to a NZXT LED lighting system and the NZXT Grid+ for fan control. I would like these to remain active.
* My 1x Intel USB port at the back is being used for my PCIE BCM native Apple wifi/bluetooth card, using an adapter cable to be able to be used to an external port.
* My native PCIE USB x 4 ports are connecting my 2x Cinema Displays and other odds and ends.

Thats it! I don't care much for the ASMEDIA ports and I don't need them. I can disable the ASMEDIA USB ports through BIOS and remove the patch, and let you know of the outcome. I would love guidance on this setup for a SSDT. Thank you.

EDIT: I have now disabled all USB media ports in BIOS except for internal USB's + 1 intel port. Also disabled USB patch in clover. Will test sleep.

UPDATE: Sleep still does not work and received my crash error (KP) :( Worst part is I had sleep working on initial build. Granted it kept waking up randomly straight after sometimes, but I put that down to the USB connection of Bluetooth card. I did have sleep working without all these KP. As I said, it is working on demand.

Last edited:
* My 2x internal ports are both connected to the case ports. Each USB 3.0 internal port breaks out to 2x case ports, so a total of 4x case ports (one of which is a USB 3.1 type C port). I would like these to remain active.
*The 2x USB 2.0 ports are connected seperately to a NZXT LED lighting system and the NZXT Grid+ for fan control. I would like these to remain active.
* My 1x Intel USB port at the back is being used for my PCIE BCM native Apple wifi/bluetooth card, using an adapter cable to be able to be used to an external port.
The USB3.1 port on your case is connected to a Intel USB3.0 motherboard header. All USB3.1 Type A/C ports are on the back panel and are ASMedia.
To create an SSDT you will need to test Intel ports by plugging in USB3/2.0 devices. With IOReg open, when you plug in a USB2.0 device it will show under XHC@14 as HSXX, for example if you look at the IOReg you posted it shows your BRCM20702(Bluetooth) device on HS06 and in the Property list see Port > Type > Value
<06 00 00 00> Plugging in a USB3.0 drive will show up as SSXX and again take note of the port number. To test only the ports you're using enable the port limit patch so that all ports are enabled and visible in IOReg under XHC@14.
Since you're using a a different Wi-Fi/BT device, be sure you've disabled the Z170-Deluxe's devices in the BIOS.
It is known that some 3rd party bluetooth devices have sleep problems.

Thats it! I don't care much for the ASMEDIA ports and I don't need them. I can disable the ASMEDIA USB ports through BIOS and remove the patch
The ASMedia ports will work independently from the Intel Ports as they are serviced by GenericUSBXHCI.kext and as I mentioned play no part in the port count, only Intel. Looks like you've not installed GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

EDIT: I have now disabled all USB media ports in BIOS except for internal USB's + 1 intel port. Also disabled USB patch in clover. Will test sleep.
With all your ports disabled and USB port limit patch disabled could you post an IOReg, Thanks.

With all your ports disabled and USB port limit patch disabled could you post an IOReg, Thanks.

I'll definitely do everything you said. I'll give this SSDT another crack in just over a months time when I have the time. I've got my medical exams coming up, and that really is my focus at the moment. Once its all over, I'll be back to sort this nonsense out.

Thank you.

Hi Wildwillow. Here:

Attachments

• iMac.ioreg
    5.4 MB · Views: 125
Hi Wildwillow. Here:
As I mentioned to Wolfie81 my system wouldn't sleep until I removed the raise port limit patch and implemented the SSDT for USB. I can see that you're not using the raise port limit. Would be worth installing USBInjectAll.kext and create a USB-SSDT, other than your ASMedia USB ports I guess that your Intel USB 3.0 ports are not working. As crazy as it sounds USB for 100 series is main culprit for no sleep until your system is configured correctly.

Hi Wildwillow. Your guide is incredible. I have an ASUS Z170-Deluxe and cannot seem to get my audio ports to work properly. I ran one of Toleda's scripts and only the orange port on the board outputs any sound, but I really need the green one to. Any ideas to fix this? Have you had luck with Sierra? I had the green port working in El Capitan but when I fresh installed Sierra I started from scratch. I'd love to go back to El Capitan then upgrade but now unibeast won't recognize the El Capitan file I have for some reason. If you got your green port to work I'd love to know how! Thanks for your time in advance.

I'll try. Did you install sierra de novo from USB or updated using clover as describes Tonymac?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back