Contribute
Register

wildwillow's Dual Boot Skylake Build : Asus Z170 Deluxe - i5-6600K - GTX970 SSC - 32GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh, now I get it. Reading really helps. :D
Step 2 just mentions the used Patch and Credits and has nothing to do with the Installation process.
Silly me...

So adding the values to the config.plist would be the preferred method?

Do you have the Kexts installed to L/E or S/L/E?

Would you mind sharing your DSDT (if you have made a fixed version) and config.plist? That would be awesome and might help me a lot.

Ahhh, now I get it. Reading really helps. :D
Step 2 just mentions the used Patch and Credits and has nothing to do with the Installation process.
Silly me...

So adding the values to the config.plist would be the preferred method?

Its entirely up to the user, config.plist patches are great, if the patch breaks or doesn't work it can be simply removed. Directly patching a kext can break the installation. If a user doesn't want to edit a config.plist then the command scripts work great too and toleda's scripts always backs up the native kext. I've used both in many areas of post installation. I have no problems with either but where possible I use KextsToPatch.

Ahhh, now I get it. Reading really helps.

Do you have the Kexts installed to L/E or S/L/E?

Would you mind sharing your DSDT (if you have made a fixed version) and config.plist? That would be awesome and might help me a lot.

I have kexts installed to /L/E.

About the DSDT see Post#3 We've had this conversation already. I'll post my config.plist tomorrow. If you're wanting to use it for the patches, remember the guide instructions were : select one method. Results are the same.

I prefer the idea of not touching the original kexts (if possible) and add them in the config.plist, too.
You can always see what you've edited and simply disable or edit them.

Sorry, about asking for the DSDT again and thank you for willing to share your config.plist. :thumbup:

At the moment I'm thinking about starting again from scratch with a clean install, keep most of the original kexts and document clearly what I am changing.

I prefer the idea of not touching the original kexts (if possible) and add them in the config.plist, too.
You can always see what you've edited and simply disable or edit them.

Sorry, about asking for the DSDT again and thank you for willing to share your config.plist. :thumbup:

At the moment I'm thinking about starting again from scratch with a clean install, keep most of the original kexts and document clearly what I am changing.

No problem. What you've done so far using the scripts can be reversed as the native kexts are on the desktop and can be installed using KextBeast (so you can note what patches are applied). It will save you having to install. I'll post my config when I get back tonight. If you'd like to add the patches via KextsToPatch download the plist's applicable from the guide.

Thank you so much.
I'm just trying to make a clean install and wondering about all those ACPI checkmarks in my config. Do they have to be there or could I just delete them?
Maybe you could have a look at my config and tell me if there's something wrong?
Again thank you very much for your help! :clap:

Some questions regarding the config:
1)Can I put KextsToPatch in the install config, already? Or should I do this afterwards?
2) I won't need KernelPm with the 6700K, right?
3) Will I need "dart=0" and "kext-dev-mode=1"?

Attachments

• install_config.plist
    4.7 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
Thank you so much.
I'm just trying to make a clean install and wondering about all those ACPI checkmarks in my config. Do they have to be there or could I just delete them?
Maybe you could have a look at my config and tell me if there's something wrong?
Again thank you very much for your help! :clap:

Some questions regarding the config:
1)Can I put KextsToPatch in the install config, already? Or should I do this afterwards?
2) I won't need KernelPm with the 6700K, right?
3) Will I need "dart=0" and "kext-dev-mode=1"?

No problem, use the install config.plist from Post#1. I've added nv_disable=1 to it so we don't have to. Your config.plist looks like its installed using the Clover installer and not MultiBeast/UniBeast.
You can add the patches but I'd advise to keep the installer as clean as possible, as its your backup if your installation drive config.plist install goes south for the winter and you need to boot into OS X.
If you read what I wrote in post#1 you'll see what I've used in regards to boot flags.

You're right about installing via Clover – I wanted to keep everything as clean as possible.
What are all these ACPI entries for and why do they appear via Clover and not with UniBeast?

You're right about installing via Clover – I wanted to keep everything as clean as possible.
What are all these ACPI entries for and why do they appear via Clover and not with UniBeast?

It's a good intention to keep it clean but changing tested methods of installation will give you problems. The installation methods/guides here on tonymacx86.com are as clean as can be. tonymacx86 and team tested many different varieties of installs using older/newer Chipsets/Graphics variations and set several config.plist that were interchangeable with the creation of UniBeast that suited the configuration the user choose which worked without unnecessary patching. For the ACPI entries and what they do see here for explanations Clover DSDT Fixes

Thank you for the information.
I am just wondering why Clover is adding all those Fixes, when they are not needed?
Are these leftovers?

By the way, I noticed that you've left Board Serial Number and MLB empty. Is this just a security edit to prevent others using yours or are no entries needed? I was reading so many things about the iMessage fix and everywhere there are different opinions...

And don't you need the "Asus AICPUPM"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back