2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[Solved] WiFi Woes on a GA-Z87X-UD3H

I just completed a new build.
GA-Z87X-UDD3H
i5-4670
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800.

My original Hackintosh a UD5H, i7 4770K, works fine with no problems.

I first installed Mavericks on a reformatted SSD.
After some initial hiccups the installation succeeded and everything worked except for WiFi.
WiFi was shown as active but I couldn't get an internet connection.
Ethernet worked fine.
I tried all network configurations and used the same settings as my original build to no avail.

I then decided to install Mountain Lion, thinking there was a problem with Mavericks and WiFi
I reformatted the SSD and installed 10.8.5.
The installation was a breeze, used Multibeast to install audio and ethernet.
The WiFi was working.

Then after several restarts, the WiFi stopped working and I had the same problem as before.
Thinking something was wrong with the TP-Link card, I swapped it with the one from my original build, but the problem persists except for one difference. I can get internet through WiFi only if the ethernet cable is plugged in, disconnect the ethernet and the WiFi goes off line.

I tried resetting the modem, disabling security, restarting the modem, deleting all the WiFi preferences in System Configuration, but the problem persists.

I've searched the internet and found that quite a few people have this problem on a regular Mac, but no good solutions are offered.

Would someone please help me?

I thought maybe it was a BIOS problem, my board came with F3 bios and the latest is F7 so I decided to flash the BIOS.
It turns out that to update the BIOS the USB 3 drivers have to be updated.
I could not figure out how to do that with a Mac so I reformatted the drive, installed Windows, Updated the USB 3 Drivers, flashed the BIOS to F7, and installed all of the other drivers and software recommended by the Gigabyte utility.

Reformatted the drive again and seeing that the problem appears in ML also, I went with Mavericks again.
Went through the whole drill again and set up Mavericks.
Same problem!!!
My WiFi shows connected to my network, has a green light, has an IP address but does not connect to the internet.

This new build is to be my DVR and I need the WiFi because I cannot run ethernet to where the computer will be.

I'm at the end of my rope. Please, anyone have any ideas?

bump

Doesn't anyone have any ideas?
Could it be a kext? I tried installing all of the networking kexts that are in Multibeast 6 but no cigar.

Hi, I have the same motherboard and i5-4570S.
I installed Mavericks, is my 1st Hackintosh, the ethernet does not work, also in "about this mac" tells me that I have a intel xeon and I do not recognize the HD4600 graphics card.
Tu as able to solve this?
Sorry I can not help with the Wifi, I have not.
The truth is that I'm very lost in the world hackintosh, hope you can help
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back