Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU
i5-4460
Graphics
GTX 970
Hello,
I have running Monterey config, only WIFI is not working (Intel AX 210).
Could you please recommend one Wifi plug-and-play USB dongle?
I already have Bluetooth via Asus BT400 (USB dongle).

Thanks for help

Specs of my Hack:
CPU: Intel 10900
MB: Asus B50M-K
GPU: MSI 6600XT Mech
Storage: Seagate SSD 1TB (reserved for Windows)
Second storage for MacOS missing, NVME Kingston 1Tb
Mouse: Evoluent VerticalMouse 4 Right
Keyboard: Topre Realforce 87U 55g, plus Cherry NumPad CHERRY G84-4700
Bluetooth: Asus BT400 (USB dongle)

There are none that I know of. You'd need to install drivers for any USB wifi to work.

See: https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Big-Sur-Adapter

This one is probably the best performance per dollar. $19.95 at Amazon.

Here's some more models that are known to work with Big Sur and Monterey. The ones in bold are the highest recommendations. If you can obtain one at a good price choose one of those three. The T3U (Plus), EDUP EP-AC1689 and Fenvi AC1300 are all Realtek RTL8812BU chipset based adapters. If you are paying for 200Mbps internet or faster it's wise to go with one of these to get maximum transfer speeds. Use the 5GHz band if possible.
  • Archer T3U
  • Archer T3U Plus (RTL8812BU)
  • Archer T2U MINI V3
  • Archer T2U Plus
  • ArcherT4U V1, V2, V3
  • Archer T9UH V2
  • ASUS USB AC68
  • EDIMAX EW-7722UTn V2
  • EDIMAX_EW-7822ULC
  • EDIMAX EW-7612Uan V2
  • EDIMAX EW-7833UAC
  • EDUP EP-AC1689 (RTL8812BU)
  • Fenvi AC1300 (RTL8812BU)
  • Netgear A7000
  • TL-WN823Nv2/v3
  • TL-WN725Nv3
  • TL-WN723Nv2/v3
  • TL-WN722Nv2/v3
  • TL-WN821Nv6
  • TL-WN822Nv4/v5
GREEN = top two choices
BLACK = next best

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, WN722N from TP Link, appears to be natively supported on Monterey, without the additional driver ?
Can anyone confirm?

Thanks a lot, WN722N from TP Link, appears to be natively supported on Monterey, without the additional driver ?
Can anyone confirm?

No, it isn't natively compatible and needs a Realtek driver to work.

The official TP-Link beta drivers for v3, work up to Catalina for sure. Chris1111's specific Monterey drivers do work. You just need to select the correct one for your bootloader.

WN722N from TP Link, appears to be natively supported on Monterey
That's one of the older macOS compatible TP-Link adapters you can buy. Probably not worth the price paid.
Max data transfer rate is 150 Mbps, single band 2.4Ghz. Better option is the Archer T3U Plus. Dual band wireless AC adapter that is much faster.
Screen Shot 6.jpg

There is an official driver from TP-Link that works only up to about 10.15.4. After that Catalina version Apple dropped support. Not sure why.
Screen Shot 8.jpg

Last edited:
There's a reason the newer TP-Link T2U plus and T3U plus adapters are in the top 3 best sellers.
They offer the best range and performance per dollar or whatever currency you'll be buying with.

Screen Shot 7.jpg

Last edited:
That's one of the older macOS compatible TP-Link adapters you can buy. Probably not worth the price paid.
Max data transfer rate is 150 Mbps, single band 2.4Ghz. Better option is the Archer T3U Plus. Dual band wireless AC adapter that is much faster.
I understand I am just looking for the natively supported option for Monterey, speed is not important, I just use wifi occasionally, and as a backup option when my LAN connection goes down.

I am not eager to add any additional kext files to my working OpenCore config, just wanna go with the safe option, price not important if it is plug-and-play.

I am just looking for the natively supported option for Monterey
Then you must buy a Broadcom PCIe based card. Nothing that uses USB ports works natively. You must always install drivers for USB wifi. Here's one that has native support.

1641152727013.png

Last edited:
Hello,
I have running Monterey config, only WIFI is not working (Intel AX 210).
I already have Bluetooth via Asus BT400 (USB dongle).

Thanks for help

Specs of my Hack:
CPU: Intel 10900
MB: Asus B50M-K
GPU: MSI 6600XT Mech
Storage: Seagate SSD 1TB (reserved for Windows)
Second storage for MacOS missing, NVME Kingston 1Tb
Mouse: Evoluent VerticalMouse 4 Right
Keyboard: Topre Realforce 87U 55g, plus Cherry NumPad CHERRY G84-4700
Bluetooth: Asus BT400 (USB dongle)
What did you need to do to get the bluetooth dongle to work in Monterey. I have the same BT400 dongle and it is not recognized natively. I hoped I would not have to add Brcmpatch etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back