Contribute
Register

Wifi - TP-Link TL-WN951N - 64bit not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a stab in the dark but could the new kernel Tony posted from the Core i5 and i7 Apple laptops perhaps help the situation? Just an idea....

cbooty said:
This is a stab in the dark but could the new kernel Tony posted from the Core i5 and i7 Apple laptops perhaps help the situation? Just an idea....
i doubt it, but i'll try it out.

Did anyone try 10.6.4 yet? I'm still looking for a solution. 10.6.4 comes with the new kernel correct?

Well I am just bumping this topic and trying to see if anyone has it working, or if anyone has any ideas with this card. anything?

Not with your i7 it won't. Read the thread before you post, because I saw you posted on the insanelymac forum thread, and your answer is right there in the first post. ;)

Evildemon989 said:
Not with your i7 it won't. Read the thread before you post, because I saw you posted on the insanelymac forum thread, and your answer is right there in the first post. ;)

i tried that method and it didnt seem to workout.

angelnieves said:
Evildemon989 said:

i tried that method and it didnt seem to workout.
You didn't see the first post quote of RichBUK?:

it seems any i5/i7 hackintosh gets kernel panics with PCI based atheros ethernet devices.

I have a dlink DWA547 and it does the exact same thing. The same hardware and system disk did not KP when it was running with a P45 chipset and E8400 processor. Upgraded to an i7 and now it crashes. Setting Hyperthreading off and CPUS=1 stops it crashing but screws performance.

Suspect we need 10.6.3 to fix it as the i7 iMacs have a different build of OSX than 10.6.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back