Contribute
Register

Wifi - TP-Link TL-WN951N - 64bit not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evildemon989 said:
angelnieves said:
Evildemon989 said:
Not with your i7 it won't. Read the thread before you post, because I saw you posted on the insanelymac forum thread, and your answer is right there in the first post. ;)

i tried that method and it didnt seem to workout.
You didn't see the first post quote of RichBUK?:

it seems any i5/i7 hackintosh gets kernel panics with PCI based atheros ethernet devices.

I have a dlink DWA547 and it does the exact same thing. The same hardware and system disk did not KP when it was running with a P45 chipset and E8400 processor. Upgraded to an i7 and now it crashes. Setting Hyperthreading off and CPUS=1 stops it crashing but screws performance.

Suspect we need 10.6.3 to fix it as the i7 iMacs have a different build of OSX than 10.6.2

yeah i saw that after i submitted that last post. do you have any recommendations on compatiple OOB adapters that I can purchase?

I had no luck either. Funny thing is, after my first install the TL-WN951N was working! Kinda. First time I got a KP when I clicked on the airport icon. Second time I got a KP when the AirPort Util listed available networks. Third time I could even login on a network and internet worked!

Sadly, I had to reinstall my system and now the card doesn't even show up anymore.

Hi all,

I've got the same WiFi card TL-WN951N and the computer hangs after clicking on Air icon. Is any chance to run it in 32bit????

I've tried to delete AppleHPET and also i've installed 2 kexts a it was mention in this topic before but without success. Any ideas how to get this work??? or shall i just buy another WiFi card.

lucas_kiwi said:
Hi all,

I've got the same WiFi card TL-WN951N and the computer hangs after clicking on Air icon. Is any chance to run it in 32bit????

I've tried to delete AppleHPET and also i've installed 2 kexts a it was mention in this topic before but without success. Any ideas how to get this work??? or shall i just buy another WiFi card.
Considering it hasn't gotten fixed yet, and it's been a fairly long time, I suggest you buy another card.

thanks for your respond. Do you know what would be the best wireless card to buy ?

Watch out with the DWA-556, I'm having no luck with it under 32bit.

Any solution for this with the 10.6.6 patch? I bought this based on search results saying that it worked. Found out later it had problems with i5/i7 :(

well, lets say that in 64 bit is working but 2 minutes after starting up the computer i get a kernel panic. The network is functional during those 2 minutes though...
Im running 10.6.7, i dont have any kexts installed for this card or for the Atheros chipset.

same here, bought the card to find out that it won't work with i7 cpu...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back