Contribute
Register

Wifi - TP-Link TL-WN951N - 64bit not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Atheros/i5 issue here.

KP when connects to Wifi. Other Broadcom Wifi works perfect.
The Atheros PCI card (WMP300N v2) worked OK under my previous hack, E8400 cpu.

Any other sugestions or we have to wait for 10.6.3?

javimdq said:

If you haven't already, try PCEFI 10.6. I haven't tried it yet.

Evildemon989 said:
javimdq said:

Sorry did not mentioned: Using PC EFI 10.6.

Maybe I try Chameleon RC5 pre8...

javimdq said:
Evildemon989 said:
javimdq said:

Sorry did not mentioned: Using PC EFI 10.6.

Maybe I try Chameleon RC5 pre8...
Trying a different version of chameleon, most likely will not help. The only real hope I've seen for Atheros cards is to wait until 10.6.3 because the i5/i7 iMacs have a different build of OS X.

Today Apple seeded a new build of OS X 10.6.3, build 10D552. The last seed, build number 10D548, was only just released on February 5, 2010.

According to reports, today’s build focuses on AirPort, Graphics Drivers, and Quicktime. The build further includes:

Performance improvements for 64-bit Logic
Addresses compatibility issues with OpenGL-based applications
Includes changes to QuickTime X that increase reliability and enhance security
Improves printing reliability and compatibility with 3rd party printers
Addresses an issue that causes background message colors to display incorrectly in Mail when scrolling.

From iphoneincanada.ca

javimdq said:
Today Apple seeded a new build of OS X 10.6.3, build 10D552. The last seed, build number 10D548, was only just released on February 5, 2010.

According to reports, today’s build focuses on AirPort, Graphics Drivers, and Quicktime. The build further includes:

Performance improvements for 64-bit Logic
Addresses compatibility issues with OpenGL-based applications
Includes changes to QuickTime X that increase reliability and enhance security
Improves printing reliability and compatibility with 3rd party printers
Addresses an issue that causes background message colors to display incorrectly in Mail when scrolling.

From iphoneincanada.ca
I knew that they where seeding versions of 10.6.3, but I did not see that build. Well, that probably, to tell you the truth, doesn't mean anything.

See, the Core i5/i7 iMac's have a different build of 10.6.2, then every other mac does. They have a build specific to the i5/i7 iMac's processor, etc. Most likely the reason the problems will be fixed in 10.6.3 is because the i5/i7 iMac's code will be added to the build all the other mac's run, therefore, when we update, we will get the code that is specific for the i5/i7 iMac. Ever wonder why the i5/i7 processor shows up in About This Mac as a Xeon processor? This is why.

Now, you could also be right though. Maybe they are fixing a bug related to this, and it will magically work 10.6.3. I really don't know, as I am not a dev for Apple. :p

Another Atheros/i5 KP here with 10.6.2.

Anyone tried with 10.6.3 now that it is available ?

Thanks

Not yet, I will try after I solve the 888b issue (no sound) :(

I have the TP-Link TL-WN851N and have upgraded to 10.6.3

Bad news is that I'm having exactly the same problem, kernel panic as soon as the card connects to a wireless network in 32 bit. Can't get the card to work at all in 64 bit and the only solution as before is to turn off 3 cores and only run 1 then the card works perfectly. Obviously not a solution :banghead:

Anybody with some bright ideas let me know as I'm happy to experiment. Should also mention that other than the known sound issue 10.6.3 has been great, better memory utilization, faster and cut my boot almost in half.

cbooty said:
I have the TP-Link TL-WN851N and have upgraded to 10.6.3

Bad news is that I'm having exactly the same problem, kernel panic as soon as the card connects to a wireless network in 32 bit. Can't get the card to work at all in 64 bit and the only solution as before is to turn off 3 cores and only run 1 then the card works perfectly. Obviously not a solution :banghead:

Anybody with some bright ideas let me know as I'm happy to experiment. Should also mention that other than the known sound issue 10.6.3 has been great, better memory utilization, faster and cut my boot almost in half.
Alright, I'll also try tomorrow and see what I can find. This is bad newsssss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back