HD 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My wifi stops working after about 5 minutes or so. I am using the TP-Link PCI Express*Wifi Adapter (TL-WDN4800) that's recommended in the guide. My mobo is GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, Intel i7-3770k, 16GB RAM. SMBIOS is set to Mac Mini 5,1

Anyone else having this issue? It's pretty much the only thing I haven't been able to get to work properly.

try iMac 12.2 its much better if u r using HD4000
and plz more detail for The wifi issue / do u use Bluetooth adapter , try to remove it

try iMac 12.2 its much better if u r using HD4000
and plz more detail for The wifi issue / do u use Bluetooth adapter , try to remove it

I have tried iMac 12,2 and Mac pro 3,1. The wifi issue continues. I have a Bluetooth adaptor but I'm not using it. I am also using an Apple 27" Cinema Display (the non-thunderbolt kind) if that makes a difference.

Edit: with the display's USB plug in, I keep getting an error that says a USB device is drawing too much power and has been disabled (or something to that effect). Not sure if relevant...

odd , there was some one here with the same mobo and card have same issue and fixed it by change th BT adapter , but i forget the thread :(

Edit:

I believe I have solved the problem. When I went into System Prefs>Network it showed WiFi and Ethernet as connected. Obviously I had only wifi connected so I deleted the ethernet connection. So far wifi seems to be behaving normally. I'll edit this post again if that turns out not to be the case.

I had this card working flawlessly for a week in a GA-Z77X-UP5-TH build and it just stopped working for no reason. It was still in sys prefs and showed to be working but web pages would load extremely slow or not at all. Adding 8.8.8.8 to the DNS servers list in Sys Prefs - Network - Advanced - DNS solved it and it now works again. Don't ask me how or why that fixed it, or why it stopped working to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back