Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
Intel 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My wifi has been working perfectly fine until one day I turned on my computer and it wouldn't pick up anything. It shows up and acts like its scanning/connecting to Wifi connection, but it won't show any networks. I have done the following things

I've removed it, re-added it and rebooted
I've checked to make sure the antenna are connected
I've ran kext wizard and rebooted
I've ran ProBook installer.

I'm currently using a cheap POS wifi antenna that is so sensitive that if I touch it, it will drop the connection and force me to reboot to get back online

My wifi has been working perfectly fine until one day I turned on my computer and it wouldn't pick up anything. It shows up and acts like its scanning/connecting to Wifi connection, but it won't show any networks. I have done the following things

I've removed it, re-added it and rebooted
I've checked to make sure the antenna are connected
I've ran kext wizard and rebooted
I've ran ProBook installer.

I'm currently using a cheap POS wifi antenna that is so sensitive that if I touch it, it will drop the connection and force me to reboot to get back online

Sounds like a hardware problem. Verify that the state of the hardware in Windows.

I'm not dual-booting, however I do have a DVD of Ubuntu, i'll try it (I know my Wifi card works in Ubuntu)

EDIT: When I booted Ubuntu, it said "Wifi disabled due to hardware switch". So I pushed that little button up top and it came on. How it got disabled, I don't know b/c it doesn't seem to do anything on OS X and thats the only thing I have on this computer. But its working now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back