HD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys, this is my laptop:
https://www.intel.fr/…/hp-pavilion…/technical-specifications

i am running 10.12.6

And my wificard is a BCM43142 that is apparently not natively supported by Mac OSX.

I want to know if it is possible to get a usb dongle that will activate the inbuilt wifi icon or do I have to replace the onboard card to enable that icon?

If it is possible to do with a usb dongle, then which one do you recommend?

If not, which pcie one could I do?

Hey guys, this is my laptop:
https://www.intel.fr/…/hp-pavilion…/technical-specifications

i am running 10.12.6

And my wificard is a BCM43142 that is apparently not natively supported by Mac OSX.

I want to know if it is possible to get a usb dongle that will activate the inbuilt wifi icon or do I have to replace the onboard card to enable that icon?

If it is possible to do with a usb dongle, then which one do you recommend?

If not, which pcie one could I do?

WiFi recommendations are in the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Thanks , sir. I want to get BCM94352HMB. I see that it is supported. Would this be a suitable replacement for my BCM43142 ? Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!
Look inside your laptop and check if it uses half-mini PCIe or NGFF (m.2) slot for the wireless card.

Thanks , sir. I want to get BCM94352HMB. I see that it is supported. Would this be a suitable replacement for my BCM43142 ? Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!

Assuming your laptop is half-mini PCIe, not NGFF (M.2 2230), then BCM943252HMB is a good choice.
Keep in mind some HP laptops have a BIOS whitelist that prevents use of "unauthorized" WiFi cards.

Assuming your laptop is half-mini PCIe, not NGFF (M.2 2230), then BCM943252HMB is a good choice.
Keep in mind some HP laptops have a BIOS whitelist that prevents use of "unauthorized" WiFi cards.

Thanks. I opened up the laptop and I've got this

Seems to be pcie if I'm not.mistaken. I'm gonna look and see if I've got the hood whitelist via Google. Thanks again folks .

Attachments

• IMG_20170825_133359.jpg
    IMG_20170825_133359.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 241
Thanks. I opened up the laptop and I've got this

Seems to be pcie if I'm not.mistaken. I'm gonna look and see if I've got the hood whitelist via Google. Thanks again folks .

half mini PCIe would be typical for a laptop such as yours.

half mini PCIe would be typical for a laptop such as yours.
Okay,awesome. Last question before I go buy the BCM943252HMB. I currently have one antennae on my BCM43142. This new card will use two, presumably. Is it absolutely necessary to have two available antennas running behind display, or could I use the one and be stuck with the current band I am on now(2.4GHZ)?

Okay,awesome. Last question before I go buy the BCM943252HMB. I currently have one antennae on my BCM43142. This new card will use two, presumably. Is it absolutely necessary to have two available antennas running behind display, or could I use the one and be stuck with the current band I am on now(2.4GHZ)?

I have never tried with a single antenna. I suspect you will need both. You can purchase/install another.
Typically WiFi antennas are routed inside the display bezel.

I have never tried with a single antenna. I suspect you will need both. You can purchase/install another.
Typically WiFi antennas are routed inside the display bezel.
Okay, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back