GA-B85M-D3H
CPU
i3 3,49 GHz
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600 1536Mb
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,
after more than 10 years without a Mac, I'm ready to build my first Hackintosh.
Because the budget, the build seems to be a little poor - but it's all I can invest at a time. The list of planned components looks as:
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H motherboard
i3 4330 Box Processor with bundled cooler
8 Gb DDR3-1600 RAM - cheapest what I can find
1 Tb WD or Seagate 7200 rpm HDD
Sony, Samsung or LG DVD Burner
mATX Case with bundled 420 W Power Supply and USB 3.0 front access
Comments are appreciated!
The only thing that I'm not sure - WiFi. PCI Card or USB dongle? I'd like to have it as cheap as possible and working without problems. Wired LAN is impossible at a time.
I plan to install Mavericks. So - I will be grateful for any advice to solve WiFi problem. I'm new to Hackintosh, so I'd like to have a solution as "1,2,3 - solved"
Thanks in advance

Hi all,
after more than 10 years without a Mac, I'm ready to build my first Hackintosh.
Because the budget, the build seems to be a little poor - but it's all I can invest at a time. The list of planned components looks as:
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H motherboard
i3 4330 Box Processor with bundled cooler
8 Gb DDR3-1600 RAM - cheapest what I can find
1 Tb WD or Seagate 7200 rpm HDD
Sony, Samsung or LG DVD Burner
mATX Case with bundled 420 W Power Supply and USB 3.0 front access
Comments are appreciated!
The only thing that I'm not sure - WiFi. PCI Card or USB dongle? I'd like to have it as cheap as possible and working without problems. Wired LAN is impossible at a time.
I plan to install Mavericks. So - I will be grateful for any advice to solve WiFi problem. I'm new to Hackintosh, so I'd like to have a solution as "1,2,3 - solved"
Thanks in advance

The easiest (but perhaps not cheapest) solution is the TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 PCIe wifi adapter listed in the Buyer's Guide. You might be able to get an Atheros or Broadcom Mini-PCIe card + Mini-PCIe to PCIe adapter cheaper (look on eBay for the best deals). See this thread for some ideas on which ones are supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back