Contribute
Register

WIFI: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 with MacOS. Any chance to make it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Laptop Asus N56JR
CPU
i7 4700HQ
Graphics
Intel HD4600 and Nvidia Gtx 760M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0

I have read here and there on how to fix wifi issues but anytime I get to the point where someone mentions AR9485 it leads to nothing. Everyone says the same thing, "It is not supported!". Now, before I give up completely on trying to make MacOS to recognize it, I just want to be sure that there is DEFINITELY no chance at all to have it work!

So, is there any chance to make it work?

If not, can I have a recommendation of a good wifi card (I guess the half one for Laptops) that would work well in Windows and Ubuntu and MacOS? I was planning anyway to buy my another one since this is kinda crappy at holding a steady connection.

I have read here and there on how to fix wifi issues but anytime I get to the point where someone mentions AR9485 it leads to nothing. Everyone says the same thing, "It is not supported!". Now, before I give up completely on trying to make MacOS to recognize it, I just want to be sure that there is DEFINITELY no chance at all to have it work!

So, is there any chance to make it work?

If not, can I have a recommendation of a good wifi card (I guess the half one for Laptops) that would work well in Windows and Ubuntu and MacOS? I was planning anyway to buy my another one since this is kinda crappy at holding a steady connection.

No chance.

Read the FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back