Contribute
Register

WiFi Not working on Hackingtosh build Asus Z170I Pro Gaming motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I have been running with the issue of Wifi not working or not showing up in network settings in system preferences. I recently installed Sierra 10.12.5 on my new Hackingtosh build and with the help of some youtube videos and forums, I installed both AtherosWiFiInjector.kext and 972Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext to see if one of these help along with IO80211Family.kext but nothing seems to be working. I am actually installing on Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Mother board. Any suggestions? BTW, I have the following hardware specs and the Wifi card that came up with the motherboard is shown in the picture.

1. Motherboard: Asus Z170I Pro Gaming BIOS Ver. 2002
2. Processor: Intel Skylake i7-6700K @ 4.0 Ghz
3. RAM : 16 GB ( 2 X 8 GB G-Skill 8192 MB, 2133 MHz)
4. HardDrive: Hitachi 500 GB SATA HDD

Attachments

• wifi.jpg
    wifi.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 257
You need specific wifi card for it to work with Mac. I have a Fenvi one (its listed in the Buyers Guide) and Wifi + Bluetooth work fine without any configuration

Is this a common problem to Hackintosh built even though the motherboard comes with Wifi Card? Can you refer me to the link where I can check its compatibility, the Buyers guide? I just want to make sure I do not buy extra stuffs if I can get to work with what I already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back