Contribute
Register

WIFI not working on Catalina 10.15.5 / Aorus Z390i Pro WIFI / Broadcom BCM94360NG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI
CPU
i7-9700F
Graphics
RX 5700
Hi,

After 5 days of intense labour I managed to get my first hackintosh up and running. Hurray!

But WIFI is not working and I've been trying to fix it for about 14 days already and I'm out of options now, I've tried everything I could find but I guess I'm lacking knowledge and experience and it might be something simple to fix.

I've replaced the original Intel WIFI CNVi card for a Broadcom BCM94360NG which was supposed to work out of the box. Well, it didn't.

My setup:
- Bootloader OpenCore 0.5.9
- Mac OSX Catalina 10.15.5
- Gigabyte Aorus Z390i Pro WIFI
- Intel Core i7-9700F
- Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 8G
- Broadcom BCM94360NG (WIFI & Bluetooth)

Initially, I didn't have any broadcom kexts in the OpenCore kext folder as I thought it would work out of the box, but it didn't work. Then, I added the following kexts to the OC kext folder and later updated the config.plist file using ProperTree editor (with OC snapshot and then save).

- AirportBrcmFixup
- BrcmBluetoothInjector
- BrcmFirmwareData
- BrcmPatchRAM3

It didn't work, I can see the BT icon on the top menu bar but it's disabled (it says "no BT available"). System report doesn't show anything for BT and WIFI.

I then placed the following kexts inside Library/Extensions:

- BrcmBluetoothInjector
- BrcmFirmwareRepo
- BrcmPatchRAM3
- BrcmNonPatchRAM2 (also added, just in case)

But again, it didn't work. I searched on the interwebs and I found many disconnected sources, some very technical which I couldn't test, some really simple. I tested all I could, now I'm in need of help.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
C

I gave up on the internal cards. I bought a USB dongle and it worked. Here is the one I bought https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07LGMD97Z/?tag=tonymacx86-21

Hi there.

The TP-Link is a good option :thumbup: I have used these dongles and they work well.

The problem you were having is the Gigabyte implementation of the CNVI port. It will only accept Intel branded cards. The Broadcom one you chose is perfect for a Hackintosh, but unfortunately will not usually work in a Gigabyte CNVI socket because they are "whitelisted".

With an ITX format board there is often no second m.2 connector you can use with an adapter. However I believe your Gigabyte board does have one on the back. In theory you might be able to use an adapter to convert your wireless card to fit this socket as it is not CNVI. This might be what you have read about on the Internet. I have used these adapters for my own wireless module in a Gigabyte ITX board, but this was in the standard location near the back-plate and before they blocked everything but Intel.

Your TP-Link is a good alternative. The only things that don't work are Hand-off and Continuity etc., but at least your PCIe slot is free for a GPU.

:)

Hi,

I see your point, too bad I didn't know it beforehand, I actually researched quite a lot and ended up thinking I had a good combination.

Which ITX board would you recommend if I were to substitute only the board from my list? Or which ITX board do you recommend hands down?

Thanks,
C

you can try with CLOVER Configurator...mount EFI.. just paste in EFI/clover/kext/other..and restart..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back