Wifi not working on acer 4830t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hello all, I'm new to this and could use some advise. This is the third time I am writing this as for some reason my iPad deleted it the last two times, meaning il get to the point asap. I've done my research and etc followed the different guides, read the different posts regarding similar issues however I cannot get my wifi card to work. I've tried multiple kext files etx but still no joy.

Can someone point me in the right direction please, if I can save couple bucks on not having to buy a wifi usb dongle I'd appreciate that.

hello all, I'm new to this and could use some advise. This is the third time I am writing this as for some reason my iPad deleted it the last two times, meaning il get to the point asap. I've done my research and etc followed the different guides, read the different posts regarding similar issues however I cannot get my wifi card to work. I've tried multiple kext files etx but still no joy.

Can someone point me in the right direction please, if I can save couple bucks on not having to buy a wifi usb dongle I'd appreciate that.

Did you install compatible WiFi hardware?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Well according to all the guides my wireless card is In fact supported. One of the main issues I have is that the guides are soo old, the kext files associated with them aren't all there, in that the download links are all too old or timed out so the 4830tg kext.zip file that every guide points to isn't available to me.
I found a Russia site with the kext files however they don't perfectly correspond to the guides. The guides have pictures of "patch 1" which are blurry and I tried to match the kext files the bet I could from the Russian site.
In addition there are forum threads that cite the same issue and while the guide states the wifi is working other people suggest workarounds that haven't sorted out the issue at least for me.
Thanks for the response

Last edited:
Well according to all the guides my wireless card is In fact supported.

Which WiFi card do you have? Post output of 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

Which WiFi card do you have? Post output of 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

Hey, I don't have access to a Linux disto right now, I'm studing in a library for an exam in September so I don't have access to my PC, but I had a bootable copy of clover (because that how I roll) which has a Uefi shell thing, I used "pci" command and it Outputted this image. If this isn't useful I can upload another image from a Linux terminal when I get to my place.
Thanks for the help

Again sorry for crappy formatting and grammar, my crappy phone isn't the best for forums

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 180
Hey, I don't have access to a Linux disto right now, I'm studing in a library for an exam in September so I don't have access to my PC, but I had a bootable copy of clover (because that how I roll) which has a Uefi shell thing, I used "pci" command and it Outputted this image. If this isn't useful I can upload another image from a Linux terminal when I get to my place.
Thanks for the help

Again sorry for crappy formatting and grammar, my crappy phone isn't the best for forums

This shows Intel WiFi 8086:0082 which google says is: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 [Taylor Peak]

No version of OS X supports Intel WiFi.

You need to install compatible WiFi hardware. Read the FAQ.

This shows Intel WiFi 8086:0082 which google says is: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 [Taylor Peak]

No version of OS X supports Intel WiFi.

You need to install compatible WiFi hardware. Read the FAQ.

Hey thanks for all the help. When ever i installed the windows drivers for my wifi hardware it always said Atheros so i assumed it was Atheros card. If i can bug you for one more thing, i tried googling this question but at the price of sounding really dumb im still gonna ask the question. I got Everything to work, in fact I had couple broken 6 year old notebooks one of which had a wifi card (which is 3x longer and is sticking out of the notebook) but is working so YAY for that. So i got Mountain lion working based on the guides and your guidance and patience. Is it possible now that i can install Yosemite or even El Capt since my hardware is in compatible with ML. I searched the compatible hardware for Yosemite and i found all the same hardware as in my notebook but i just wanted to ask , Im sorry if this is a dumb question, but not a lot of software that i have access to runs on ML so Yosemite is the next step.

Hey thanks for all the help. When ever i installed the windows drivers for my wifi hardware it always said Atheros so i assumed it was Atheros card. If i can bug you for one more thing, i tried googling this question but at the price of sounding really dumb im still gonna ask the question. I got Everything to work, in fact I had couple broken 6 year old notebooks one of which had a wifi card (which is 3x longer and is sticking out of the notebook) but is working so YAY for that. So i got Mountain lion working based on the guides and your guidance and patience. Is it possible now that i can install Yosemite or even El Capt since my hardware is in compatible with ML. I searched the compatible hardware for Yosemite and i found all the same hardware as in my notebook but i just wanted to ask , Im sorry if this is a dumb question, but not a lot of software that i have access to runs on ML so Yosemite is the next step.

No idea... Your profile does not specify hardware details.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

You could use a third party tool to detect like OSToto Driver Talent if there is a driver problem. Then you could know if the problem is from a software or hardware.
Hey thanks, for the reply, but it was a intel based wifi card. That notebook is dead not haha, i have to get a new laptop and do this all over again. Again thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back