HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys

stange problem, but every 10 minutes or so I lose wifi, but it is fixed by turning wifi off then on again. When I say lose wifi, it's still connected to the network, but just no internet. I'm using gigabyte z77 ds3h and the recommended tp link wifi adapter. Wondering if there was any way of solving it.

Thanks

Happens to me as well. At first everything went smooth, but since yesterday every hour or so the internet drops, besides being connected to the router, and I have to turn the WiFi off and On to solve the issue, but it's tiresome and problematic at some point.

The rest of devices at home are fine, so I think is some configuration problem with Yosemite. Any help would be appreciated

I've done a fresh install and restored files/preferences from time machine. I know it seems rather excessive, but it worked nonetheless

Yosemite has a known WiFi problem. The problem was suppose to be fixed in 10.10.1, but not so for all. The 10.10.2 update is suppose to fix the problem (fingers crossed). So much for being an Early Adopter. :D

Happens to me as well. At first everything went smooth, but since yesterday every hour or so the internet drops, besides being connected to the router, and I have to turn the WiFi off and On to solve the issue, but it's tiresome and problematic at some point.

The rest of devices at home are fine, so I think is some configuration problem with Yosemite. Any help would be appreciated

Even after 10.10.2 I was still having issues. So I turned off and deleted WiFi under Network Preferences. Then I went into Library/Preferences/SystemConfig and deleted NetworkInterfaces.plist and WiFiTracer.plist. Shut down and removed my WiFi Card and moved it to another PCIe 4x slot (above my graphics card) Rebooted and re-added the Wifi under Network Preferences. I have been drop free ever since. Good Luck!

I am having the same issue. I tried your suggestions, but the problem still persists.

Anyone else have any luck?

Even after 10.10.2 I was still having issues. So I turned off and deleted WiFi under Network Preferences. Then I went into Library/Preferences/SystemConfig and deleted NetworkInterfaces.plist and WiFiTracer.plist. Shut down and removed my WiFi Card and moved it to another PCIe 4x slot (above my graphics card) Rebooted and re-added the Wifi under Network Preferences. I have been drop free ever since. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back