i7 2600k
Graphics
Radeon RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

I made the move to Opencore recently and so far everything seems to be good except for Wifi.

On Clover, all I needed was AirportBrcmFixup.kext. On Opencore, even with that Wifi is not working as expected.

It is working in the sense that the card is recognized. But it keeps cycling through the following:

Not connected
Connected with no IP
Gets an IP
Starts over.

I'm on Mojave 10.14.6. Version 2.1.1 of AirportBrcmFixup.kext. I've switched to MacPro6,1. Software Update does think I could upgrade directly to Big Sur. But About This Mac still shows "iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012)".

I've been searching but can't find anyone having a similar symptom. Does this ring any bells? If you knew what you were doing, what is the first thing you would check? How to troubleshoot this? I've tried watching for Wi-Fi in Console to try and figure out what's going on, but not sure what to look for.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Same mobo, same (similar) issue. In clover 5122 with catalina 10.15.7 and iMac13,2 wifi is good. I have genuine apple AirPort Extreme brcm32xx on a pcie card.

reboot into same macOS from opencore efi with MacPro6,1 and everything works except wifi. I don’t have any acidanthera Brcm related kexts in either scenario. Should just work.

Good to know it's not just me. I'm currently just giving up on wifi and staying wired. Maybe it'll work correctly in Big Sur? If not, I'm sure someone else will figure it out soon.

I don't think this is related to Open Core. I think I remember switching to Open Core and booting into Mojave and it worked fine. I think it only started after upgrading to Big Sur. I think it's either a Big Sur bug (which is quite possible. I've seen many real mac users complaining of wifi issues in Big Sur) or maybe I have some old kexts and stuff I didn't clean up from Clover and they're causing conflicts. I'm going to clean house and if the problem persists, just wait for 11.1.

No solution guys?

Hi All,

I made the move to Opencore recently and so far everything seems to be good except for Wifi.

On Clover, all I needed was AirportBrcmFixup.kext. On Opencore, even with that Wifi is not working as expected.

It is working in the sense that the card is recognized. But it keeps cycling through the following:

Not connected
Connected with no IP
Gets an IP
Starts over.

I'm on Mojave 10.14.6. Version 2.1.1 of AirportBrcmFixup.kext. I've switched to MacPro6,1. Software Update does think I could upgrade directly to Big Sur. But About This Mac still shows "iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012)".

I've been searching but can't find anyone having a similar symptom. Does this ring any bells? If you knew what you were doing, what is the first thing you would check? How to troubleshoot this? I've tried watching for Wi-Fi in Console to try and figure out what's going on, but not sure what to look for.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Check this

I have the same problem, for the record In my case,
laptop connects successfully to mobile Hotspots without interruptions, but I can't connect to routers, it's searching for ip, disconnects and then starts over

Any solution?

Telling us which WiFi card you are using would be helpful.

Confirming which Kexts, Device ID#s and/or DSDT Patches (if any) you are using would also be beneficial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back