CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This has been a very long time coming. I have been trying everything I can find to fix this. I had to boot into recovery today to repair a drive in my build and noticed that WiFi was indeed working. Im semi-new to this, so it seemed very strange to me. Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated!

Links:
My build
My config.plist

This has been a very long time coming. I have been trying everything I can find to fix this. I had to boot into recovery today to repair a drive in my build and noticed that WiFi was indeed working. Im semi-new to this, so it seemed very strange to me. Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated!

Links:
My build
My config.plist

Maybe you don't have the 'fcvo' patch by the-darkvoid in your config.plist?
And did you install FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext?

The very first patch I have in the "KextsToPatch" is:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>FVCO</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
gflSqgAAdSk=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
gflSqgAAZpA=
</data>
</dict>

Is this correct? If wifi is working in recovery, that should mean that the config.plist is correct, right? I could be wrong. I do have those kexts both in my EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12 folders. Have you ever heard of someone having this problem before? It seems very strange to me. Makes me think that a process in Sierra could be interfering. But I could very wrong there as well.

The very first patch I have in the "KextsToPatch" is:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>FVCO</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
gflSqgAAdSk=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
gflSqgAAZpA=
</data>
</dict>

Is this correct? If wifi is working in recovery, that should mean that the config.plist is correct, right? I could be wrong. I do have those kexts both in my EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12 folders. Have you ever heard of someone having this problem before? It seems very strange to me. Makes me think that a process in Sierra could be interfering. But I could very wrong there as well.

Make sure you have current version of FakePCIID kexts.
All kexts you need should be installed to the system volume.

If you need me to check what you have...
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back