Intel Cote i5 2.7 MHz
Graphics
Radeon 4570
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

after couple of days researching and unsuccessful implementation of different guides from this forum to make my BT working, I have decided to write this post and to provide all specific details in my case.
My build:
mobo: Gigabyte Z390 aorus ULTRA
CPU: Intel Core i5 9600K (with iGPU in headless mode)
dGPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Pulse 8 GB
RAM 16 GB Corsair 3200
SSD m.2 500 GB
running Mojave 10.14.6

I am using Open Core 0.5.9 as a bootloader and everything is working fine. My motherboard has integrated Wifi and BT support, but I have disabled it in BIOS.

Following different guides how to properly map USB ports, I have learned to process and I understand that the first step is always to temporary enable ALL available USB ports, then using Hackintool, select real ports and create a custom port mapping which is using max 15 ports (3.0 and 3.1 count as 2 ports by macOS). All this is clear, but my problem is even with USBInjectAll.kext, I see only 16 ports in my computer and I don't see HS14 nor HS15 which are available USB 2.0 ports on my motherboard that I can use to connect FENVI WiFi/BT PC card. I think that is the main reason that my WiFi is working fine, but BT is not, because on board USB 2.0 is not identified by Mojave.
This mobo has:
- 4 usb 2.0 ports on teh back (none of them is working)
- 2 usb 3.0 on the front of the case (working OK)
- 2 usb 3.0 on the back (working OK)
- 3 usb 3.1 A on the back (working OK)
- 1 usb 3.1 C on the back (not tested)

I do have available 2 usb 2.0 headers on mobo where I can plugin my Fenvi cable, but BT is not seen by Mojave, regardless which port I use.

Apparently, I am missing something, but I don't know what is it.

Attached: boot drive EFI, IO Registry and screenshot of Hackintool USB view (without USBInjectAll.kext).

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Attachments

• Mika’s iMac.ioreg
    4.2 MB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot 2020-07-01 at 10.50.09.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-01 at 10.50.09.png
    487.4 KB · Views: 62
  • EFI.zip
    71.6 MB · Views: 66
Hi all,

after couple of days researching and unsuccessful implementation of different guides from this forum to make my BT working, I have decided to write this post and to provide all specific details in my case.
My build:
mobo: Gigabyte Z390 aorus ULTRA
CPU: Intel Core i5 9600K (with iGPU in headless mode)
dGPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Pulse 8 GB
RAM 16 GB Corsair 3200
SSD m.2 500 GB
running Mojave 10.14.6

I am using Open Core 0.5.9 as a bootloader and everything is working fine. My motherboard has integrated Wifi and BT support, but I have disabled it in BIOS.

Following different guides how to properly map USB ports, I have learned to process and I understand that the first step is always to temporary enable ALL available USB ports, then using Hackintool, select real ports and create a custom port mapping which is using max 15 ports (3.0 and 3.1 count as 2 ports by macOS). All this is clear, but my problem is even with USBInjectAll.kext, I see only 16 ports in my computer and I don't see HS14 nor HS15 which are available USB 2.0 ports on my motherboard that I can use to connect FENVI WiFi/BT PC card. I think that is the main reason that my WiFi is working fine, but BT is not, because on board USB 2.0 is not identified by Mojave.
This mobo has:
- 4 usb 2.0 ports on teh back (none of them is working)
- 2 usb 3.0 on the front of the case (working OK)
- 2 usb 3.0 on the back (working OK)
- 3 usb 3.1 A on the back (working OK)
- 1 usb 3.1 C on the back (not tested)

I do have available 2 usb 2.0 headers on mobo where I can plugin my Fenvi cable, but BT is not seen by Mojave, regardless which port I use.

Apparently, I am missing something, but I don't know what is it.

Attached: boot drive EFI, IO Registry and screenshot of Hackintool USB view (without USBInjectAll.kext).

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Hi there.

In your configuration - as you have uploaded it - you have no SSDT-UIAC.aml, no USBPorts.kext, and no USBInjectAll.kext .

You have a chimera config.plist which is a mix of OpenCore and Clover. This will not work.

You have set Clover port-limit removal patches for various different macOS versions, but you have not set XhciPortLimit quirk to "true", which is the OC way.

Sorry, this doesn't even look like a config.plist for your machine in any way. Maybe one copied from Dortania. However there's no way it's configuring your USB ports correctly and it is not as per the guides.

Hi there.

In your configuration - as you have uploaded it - you have no SSDT-UIAC.aml, no USBPorts.kext, and no USBInjectAll.kext .

You have a chimera config.plist which is a mix of OpenCore and Clover. This will not work.

You have set Clover port-limit removal patches for various different macOS versions, but you have not set XhciPortLimit quirk to "true", which is the OC way.

Sorry, this doesn't even look like a config.plist for your machine in any way. Maybe one copied from Dortania. However there's no way it's configuring your USB ports correctly and it is not as per the guides.
Thanks for your reply. So, what do you suggest?

Hi there.

In the OC guide only those 4 aml drivers were sufficient. There was no mention of SSDT-UIAC.aml. And my system boots fine, the only issue I have is USB ports... Please advise what would be best to do. Should I create new Clover based EFI?

Hi there.

If you haven't noticed, all those port-limit removal patches are deactivated: enable=FALSE;
Why do you think that my config.plist is hybrid? I have used only Proper Tree app for editing...

I am ready to reinstall my PC again. Do you recommend Open Core or Clover?

Thanks.

Why do you think that my config.plist is hybrid?

Because OpenCore does not use all those port-limit removal patches. There is one "quirk" which does the same job. PLRPs are from Clover, enabled or disabled.

When you configure your USB ports you produce either an SSDT-UIAC.aml or a USBPorts.kext. Neither is present. True, you can edit the complete DSDT instead, but there's no evidence of this. If you do none of this, you are left with the default 15 ports.

Last edited:
Because OpenCore does not use all those port-limit removal patches. There is one "quirk" which does the same job. PLRPs are from Clover, enabled or disabled.

When you configure your USB ports you produce either an SSDT-UIAC.aml or a USBPorts.kext. Neither is present. True, you can edit the complete DSDT instead, but there's no evidence of this. If you do none of this, you are left with the default 15 ports.
Thanks UtterDisbelief for your reply. You probably misunderstood my initial question... I haven't created any custom USB mapping yet. My problem is that even when I use patches and USBInjectAll.kext and when I set XHCIPortLimit to TRUE, I don't see more than 16 usb ports. My main concern is that I don't see BlueTooth usb 2.0 on the mobo. If I want to map that mobo usb in my custom usb map. I should be able to see it and to write down its name, something like HS14, but I don't see it at all. With overriding port-limit, I should be able to see around 20 usb ports in total and to select 15 that I want to map. That is fine and I got it. However, I see only ports, both HS and SS from 03 up to 10.

Maybe I am missing something. What should lI do in OpenCore EFI in order to disable (temporary) port-limit so I can see ALL my physical ports including BlueTooth port?

Thanks.

Thanks UtterDisbelief for your reply. You probably misunderstood my initial question... I haven't created any custom USB mapping yet. My problem is that even when I use patches and USBInjectAll.kext and when I set XHCIPortLimit to TRUE, I don't see more than 16 usb ports. My main concern is that I don't see BlueTooth usb 2.0 on the mobo. If I want to map that mobo usb in my custom usb map. I should be able to see it and to write down its name, something like HS14, but I don't see it at all. With overriding port-limit, I should be able to see around 20 usb ports in total and to select 15 that I want to map. That is fine and I got it. However, I see only ports, both HS and SS from 03 up to 10.

Maybe I am missing something. What should lI do in OpenCore EFI in order to disable (temporary) port-limit so I can see ALL my physical ports including BlueTooth port?

Thanks.

With the Z390 chipset there are 14x USB 2.0 ports and 10x USB 3.0 ports.

Apple only sees the first 15, usually HS01 to HS14 plus either SS01 or USR1.

We install USBInjectAll.kext and the port-limit removal patch, which then opens-up and activates all 24/26 ports. These will be visible in Hackintool or IORegistryExplorer.

If you still do not see all of them, there are usually two possible problems:

1) The USBInjectAll.kext you are using is version 0.7.5. Go back to version 0.7.1.

2) Incorrect Port-Limit Removal. Unfortunately for 10.14.6 with Security Updates, there was no "official" set of patches. The last reliable ones were for 10.14.5 - despite what people may say. Some work, some don't. It's hit and miss.

It sounds as though this might be your problem.

You can still create a configuration file for your ports, even without fully testing them if you can deduce (guess) the port number. As most motherboards enumerate the ports in sequence you should be able to figure them out.

See my original guide here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back