Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Community,

First of all: Thanks for all the great work, I am using my Probook since a half an year and I love it!

Unfortunately I had a Problem during the boot and I had to reinstall OSX.
After some tries I got this and it looked like everything works fine.

Everything execpt the WIFI.
It kind of looks like it works, but it never finds the networks where it could connect to (List with wifis is always empty). I tried out many things but still doenst work :(

I realized that in the "Finder" it doesnt show me the computers in same network (also when I am connected to lan and internet works!)
Maybe same problem?

Is anyone here who had the same problem and solved it or knows where the problem is?
Laptop without wifi kind of sucks...

Something in the network setings, perhaps. If you can attach the drive with your previous working installation or have a Time Machine backup of it, you could use migration manager to retrieve the network settings.

Hey Community,

First of all: Thanks for all the great work, I am using my Probook since a half an year and I love it!

Everything execpt the WIFI.
It kind of looks like it works, but it never finds the networks where it could connect to (List with wifis is always empty). I tried out many things but still doenst work :(

I realized that in the "Finder" it doesnt show me the computers in same network (also when I am connected to lan and internet works!)
Maybe same problem?

Is anyone here who had the same problem and solved it or knows where the problem is?
Laptop without wifi kind of sucks...

Try pressing the WiFi button. And be patient ... to allow the hardware time to initialize.

Try pressing the WiFi button. And be patient ... to allow the hardware time to initialize.
Wow the god of the ProBook himself answerd :)
Did it (60secs). Didnt change anything. Also changed the button state in the bios (and back, cause it didnt work).

Unfortunately I have no backup in TM or previous working installation anymore.
Tried to install ML on other disk, but failed 7 times now, to see if it would work there.

Can it be that I installed wrong drivers? Wrong Kext?

Guess this screenshot will not help much...

IMG_0148.JPG

How did you install?

Detailed story:
Bought ML on my brothers MBPro,
created the USB stick,
booted it from bios,
installed (fails often),
boot into via USB,
configure the OSX standards,
Used ProBook installer (5) with my settings,
Reboot,
Batterie, Touchpad, Sound and Wifi didnt work at all,
Installed it from ProBook installer 6,
reboot,
was really happy that sound, wifi and so on (also numpad -> Very nice) works, tested sleep and so on...,
went to univercity and realized that Wifi cant find networks,
tried to change bios settings and all the stuff on settings in OSX, no change...

Detailed story:
Bought ML on my brothers MBPro,
created the USB stick,
booted it from bios,
installed (fails often),
boot into via USB,
configure the OSX standards,
Used ProBook installer (5) with my settings,
Reboot,
Batterie, Touchpad, Sound and Wifi didnt work at all,
Installed it from ProBook installer 6,
reboot,
was really happy that sound, wifi and so on (also numpad -> Very nice) works, tested sleep and so on...,
went to univercity and realized that Wifi cant find networks,
tried to change bios settings and all the stuff on settings in OSX, no change...

Try it again, using only Probook Installer v6, or even better (since you'll get a custom patched DSDT) use ProBook Installer v6.1 (beta). I don't think using PBI v5 is a good idea at all (I don't even think there was 10.8.2 support at all then).

Also, since you're doing a fresh install, you might consider installing 10.8.3 (just update your Unibeast stick by re-downloading the Install app from Mac App Store).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back