i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have time and time again tryed to edit This file to my best abilityes. but i end up short. I have installed a FRESH version of 10.13.6 - done the update(recomended to fix my GFX)installed the recomended kext. nvram emu install in clover. Still. no dice. Trying to get the wifi to be Built-in so i can get icloude conectivity.
H_E_L_P a fellow hack :D

Which WiFi card are you using.

Why are you playing about with NullEthernetInjector.kext if you want to fix your WiFi? The purpose of the kext is as follows:

The purpose of this driver is to enable Mac App Store access even if you don’t have a built-in Ethernet port with supporting drivers. The idea is to use a USB WiFi and this “fake ethernet” driver to make the system still allow Mac App Store access.

Explanation above is from Rehabman's GitHub repository.

If your WiFi is not working and you have a working Ethernet port, which your motherboard should have - Intel i217V. Then this kext is not meant for the purpose you are trying to achieve.

I have a Tp-link T6e installed. its native supportet i HS so thats why i have that one. it works and im using it because my setup are at the 1. floor. and the router is situatet in the living room, downstairs. Im using the Null... to get Icloud acces.

What does the kext explanation above say? Does it say it works with a PCIe WiFi card or USB WiFi?

As your setup has a physical Ethernet port, you don't need to fake anything.

You need to install the kext to activate the Ethernet port, even if you don't use it. As long as it is provided with the en0 BSD Device Name it will be fine.

You then need to ensure the WiFi card is working and provided with the en1 or en2 BSD Device Name, as macOS expects this configuration for an iMac 14,2 or 15,1 system.

This is a screenshot showing the Network report from System Information on my Haswell iMac1 system, details in my signature below. This system has 2 x Ethernet ports so the WiFi device is set with the en2 BSD Device Name:

Screenshot 2021-09-15 at 15.44.35.png

All the Apple services work just fine, have done since I first installed OS X Yosemite on this system. That is the case whether the Ethernet cable is connected or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back