Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Hackintoshers,

My first Hackintosh build is well underway with macOS Sierra installed and booting off my SSD as it should. I am now trying to get Bluetooth and Wifi working. The Gigabyte GA-Z170n-WIFI motherboard I am using has bluetooth and wifi built in but I have not been able to install the drivers correctly as I do not have Windows to run the run.exe that is on the driver disk and I am not sure how to install the drivers manually.

What drivers do I need to get bt and wifi working on my build?
How do I install them? I have been using MultiBeast for drivers up to this point.
Is there anything else I need to do to get bt and wifi working?

Build:
Intel Core-i7 6700k
Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WIFI Mini ITX Motherboard

I followed tonymacx86's installation guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

Thanks for any and all advice!

I'm in exactly the same situation, except that I'm starting to believe that the wifi chipset on the motherboard isn't usable. If you look at the 'CustoMac Mini Deluxe' comments here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/september/2016#CustoMac_Mini_Deluxe

you can see it says the wifi chipset is not supported. The recommendation is to use the mobo's PCI slot for a wifi card, but of course I have a GFX card in there already. So now, I'm researching the feasibility of using a USB Wifi dongle. (I really don't want to trail ethernet cables around my house!).

I'm disappointed that TonyMac recommends a motherboard that's known not to have working wifi under OSX. If I'd read the small print I'd have bought something else.

Also have the same motherboard and wifi issues. Can anyone post a link to a reliable wifi/bluetooth usb adapter that will work for OSX Sierra?

I haven't tested bluetooth yet, But this combo works with the wires and socket on the GA-Z170N-wifi and gives 802.11n speeds.

Card from macbook air on amazon
Card adapter from China

No special mods, works out of the box once you get those nasty little wires attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back