Gigabyte z170X
CPU
Intel i7 7700K
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 980Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello,
I'm running this build for months and it's perfect, everything works fine. The only issue I have is that internet (upload speed in particular) is running incredibly slow.
Here are my specs:
- CPU: Intel i7 5820K 3.3 GHz
- MOBO: Asus X99 Deluxe USB 3.1
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 980Ti
- SMBIOS = MacPro6,1 (with patches .kext in order to fix black screen issue of course)

My luck was that the OS X WiFi Driver (IO80211Family.kext) works out of the box.
The problem is only on OS X El Capitan: my upload speed is running at 1Mb/s when it should be around 20Mb/s. The download speed is also slow, but not as bad as upload one.
I tried on Windows and everything runs fine, even on macOS Sierra DP1 I have full speed. Haven't tried on Yosemite. The issue seems to be only on El Capitan.

I even tried Ethernet, but on El Capitan it's the same story: upload speed is so damn slow!

I'm experiencing the same issue, but it's stranger for me. When downloading a t*****t the download speeds are fine on both Windows and El Capitan. But when browsing on macOS, it's slow.

I have a ga-z77-ds3h rev 1.1 motherboard with Atheros AR8161 Ethernet and I'm using the AtherosE2200Ethernet v2.2.0d0 kext.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm experiencing the same issue, but it's stranger for me. When downloading a t*****t the download speeds are fine on both Windows and El Capitan. But when browsing on macOS, it's slow.

I have a ga-z77-ds3h rev 1.1 motherboard with Atheros AR8161 Ethernet and I'm using the AtherosE2200Ethernet v2.2.0d0 kext.
I have installed El Capitan on my desktop, the installation was fine, the configuration was fine too, (even with problems to configure ethernet and audio) but these were my minimal problems. The main trouble is the internet connexion terrifically SLOW!!! please! anybody have a solution!? I tried everything that was showed to me....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back