Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z390-P
CPU
Intel i5 9700k
Graphics
Radeon RX570
Hello all,

I just built my first Hackintosh and everything went well! Thanks to a lot of information from the guides and also peers with their questions and answers in the forums.

My gear is as follows:
  • ASUS Prime z390-P (MOBO)
  • Intel i5 9600K (CPU)
  • MSI Armor Radeon RX570 4GB (GPU)
  • Corsair 16GB RAM
  • Samsun 970 EVO Plus SSD 500GB
  • EVGA 650W (PSU)
So I downloaded and built around the Mojave and want to get a wifi/bluetooth card for the computer but I can't seem to find anything recent on these findings. The latest I could find was early 2019.

I currently bought a ASUS AX3000 dual band wifi/bluetooth card and I'm not getting anything. But even before I got the card I can't get the wifi or bluetooth icons to appear in the upper right hand corner of the screen or in the system settings. But the ethernet cable works perfect.

I have gone back through threads and post installations with Multibeast and Clover but I'm still getting no luck. So I am wondering if anyone out there has gone through the same thing or has any input in help. I might upgrade later to Catalina but I have not made my decision yet. So as of now I will just look for hardware that have been tested for Mojave.

Thanks for all the help. Sorry for the long post but I want to make sure the info is all there. If I missed anything please let me know.

Thanks again

I currently bought a ASUS AX3000 dual band wifi/bluetooth card and I'm not getting anything. But even before I got the card I can't get the wifi or bluetooth icons to appear in the upper right hand corner of the screen or in the system settings. But the ethernet cable works perfect.
You can't use Intel Wifi in Macs, only Broadcom Wifi/BT cards are supported.
The Asus you bought has support in Windows 10 not in macOS at all.

Attachments

• 1611622904251.jpeg
    1611622904251.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 70
One of these will work OOB even though it's a very old card. For faster speeds you can also use the T919 by Fenvi.

https://www.newegg.com/fenvi-fv-t919-pci-express/p/0XM-00JK-00033

Thanks for the reply. I was doing a little more digging and found that out as well. I was just looking at the Fenvi T919 actually. Thanks for the reply. I'll keep this posted once I figure it out.

As far as the wifi icon and settings, will it only show up when I have a compatible card or should I be able to see it before hand? Because currently I can't see the wifi icon or in the system preferences. Just the ethernet.

Thanks.

will it only show up when I have a compatible card or should I be able to see it before hand?
Only with a compatible card that macOS recognizes.

As you are now learning, you can't think of macOS like you do Windows 10. Apple only supports a very limited range of hardware. MicroSoft tries to support nearly every piece of hardware by every manufacturer in the world. This is why Windows update causes so many problems on PCs. It's really difficult to make the Win10 OS work with so many widely different hardware configs.

Only with a compatible card that macOS recognizes.

As you are now learning, you can't think of macOS like you do Windows 10. Apple only supports a very limited range of hardware. MicroSoft tries to support nearly every piece of hardware by every manufacturer in the world. This is why Windows update causes so many problems on PCs. It's really difficult to make the Win10 OS work with so many widely different hardware configs.
Alright cool.

And yeah I fully understand what you mean. I did a lot of research for this build but I didn't think of the wifi card since I wanted to hardwire it which I am currently. But we are about to do a small remodel and would like to switch to wifi for the time being, plus with the benefit of bluetooth for the future anyways.

But I'll get that Fenvi and give it a try. Read a lot of good things out of it. I'll keep this thread posted as I get it resolved.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back