CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
MSI GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have just ordered parts for my hackintosh build. All I am missing now is a wifi card. I have about 3 months to get one, before I move back to my flat, where wifi is only way to connect to the internet. The card would need to work on both os x and windows (win10).

I remember reading about some card that even supports continuity, which would be great, since I like to answer my calls directly from my computer when I'm working. Not sure about how the itunes wifi works exactly, but it would be great to have that too.
Bonus points if it's available from shop in EU :)

So I agonized over the Wi-Fi card for a long time, and did a lot of research. I just built my hack (it's still in progress) but the Wi-Fi is one of the few things—maybe the only thing—that has worked perfectly from the get-go. It was even working when I was booted from UniBeast! I am using the BCM94360CD which is in fact a genuine Apple part. There was no installation needed, other than putting it in the PCIe 1x slot.

My hack is two floors above my router, and I live in an old house with no hope of getting Ethernet on the third floor. A lot was depending on this thing, since my hack would be kind of useless without internet!

The parts are easy to get. Just search BCM94360CD here on the forums and you'll find a ton of guides and shop links.

You can either buy the card and the PCIe adapter separately (cheaper) or buy them pre-assembled.

The PCIe adapter is from China, but it's actually, surprisingly, very high quality.

My system isn't dual-boot, so I can't comment on the Windows side of the house, but I know others have had success with getting the driver to work.

So I agonized over the Wi-Fi card for a long time, and did a lot of research. I just built my hack (it's still in progress) but the Wi-Fi is one of the few things—maybe the only thing—that has worked perfectly from the get-go. It was even working when I was booted from UniBeast! I am using the BCM94360CD which is in fact a genuine Apple part. There was no installation needed, other than putting it in the PCIe 1x slot.

My hack is two floors above my router, and I live in an old house with no hope of getting Ethernet on the third floor. A lot was depending on this thing, since my hack would be kind of useless without internet!

The parts are easy to get. Just search BCM94360CD here on the forums and you'll find a ton of guides and shop links.

You can either buy the card and the PCIe adapter separately (cheaper) or buy them pre-assembled.

The PCIe adapter is from China, but it's actually, surprisingly, very high quality.

My system isn't dual-boot, so I can't comment on the Windows side of the house, but I know others have had success with getting the driver to work.

I saw an offer on amazon with the BCM943602CS. Do you happen to know what are the differences and if the latter is worth buying, or should I get the BCM94360CD?

I'm actually from Slovenia, but I won't even try here, since no one here sells this kind of hardware. Anywhere in EU zone would work.

I saw an offer on amazon with the BCM943602CS. Do you happen to know what are the differences and if the latter is worth buying, or should I get the BCM94360CD?

I'm actually from Slovenia, but I won't even try here, since no one here sells this kind of hardware. Anywhere in EU zone would work.
This same unit is sold on amazon Spain, Germany, France, Italy and UK, so you should be able to find it.

This same unit is sold on amazon Spain, Germany, France, Italy and UK, so you should be able to find it.

I searched others and any amazon would be fine. I just want to avoid those outside EU is possible, to avoid import fees.

What I'd like to know is which one to order so I won't get something incompatible :) Are you familiar with these different models? If you are, can you verify that the one I've linked earlier (it's supposed to be model used in 2015 mbps) will work? Thanks.

Last edited:
I searched others and any amazon would be fine. I just want to avoid those outside EU is possible, to avoid import fees.

What I'd like to know is which one to order so I won't get something incompatible :) Are you familiar with these different models? If you are, can you verify that the one I've linked earlier (it's supposed to be model used in 2015 mbps) will work? Thanks.
That one should work.

I think this might be the same card. Apple hasn't updated the Broadcom card itself in a while. So I think you're good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back