CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Hi guys,

I just updated to 10.15.4 the other day and my DW1560 has not been acting nice since. I am currently injecting fakeID via Clover to get Wifi to work. I get the full 5GHz, 80Mhz channel full speed wifi.
Bluetooth is working - I am using my bluetooth mouse, but it sadly ends there.

My Airpods pair up, but only produce fragments of sound when I slide the volume control.
Sidecar will no longer connect and continuity and handoff are funky at best.
Meanwhile iMessage works just fine.

I re-downloaded the latest kexts. My EFI folder is attached below. Any suggestions will be much appreciated, as it's all actually working - just not as expected.

Kexts list:
AirportBrcmFixup.kext
BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
FakePCIID.kext

Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

• HP_ce14na_Catalina-EFI Folder.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 47
Hi guys,

I just updated to 10.15.4 the other day and my DW1560 has not been acting nice since. I am currently injecting fakeID via Clover to get Wifi to work. I get the full 5GHz, 80Mhz channel full speed wifi.
Bluetooth is working - I am using my bluetooth mouse, but it sadly ends there.

My Airpods pair up, but only produce fragments of sound when I slide the volume control.
Sidecar will no longer connect and continuity and handoff are funky at best.
Meanwhile iMessage works just fine.

I re-downloaded the latest kexts. My EFI folder is attached below. Any suggestions will be much appreciated, as it's all actually working - just not as expected.

Kexts list:
AirportBrcmFixup.kext
BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
FakePCIID.kext

Many thanks in advance!
FakePCIID.kext are not needed

I removed those two kexts, rebuilt the kext cache and removed the fakeID injection from config.plist - still no luck with Sidecar and no change to bluetooth behaviour... thanks for helping me clean up though!

I removed those two kexts, rebuilt the kext cache and removed the fakeID injection from config.plist - still no luck with Sidecar and no change to bluetooth behaviour... thanks for helping me clean up though!

I followed the guide, removed the patch from my config.plist, deleted USBInjectAll.kext and inserted the newly generated USBPorts.kext into /E/C/K/O
I got sidecar to work by pairing my iPad with the laptop in the Bluetooth menu of the iPad, which is great!
However, it disconnects and ignores all bluetooth devices while sidecar is activated, even though bluetooth is showing iPad as "Disconnected". Turning Bluetooth Off does not disconnect Sidecar, however, I cannot get any bluetooth devices to connect whilst Sidecar is active.

I have tried the following bluetooth devices:
MX Master 3 (Indicates as "Connected" but does not respond)
Apple Magic Mouse 1 (Indicates as "Connected" but disconnects and does not respond)
AirPods (Shows as connected, but does not produce sound and disconnects automatically)

Mouse starts working after a reboot, but Sidecar no longer works. Re-pairing the iPad with the laptop does not seem to solve this. I must say, I'm a bit baffled by this now... should I consider changing my system definition?

I followed the guide, removed the patch from my config.plist, deleted USBInjectAll.kext and inserted the newly generated USBPorts.kext into /E/C/K/O
I got sidecar to work by pairing my iPad with the laptop in the Bluetooth menu of the iPad, which is great!
However, it disconnects and ignores all bluetooth devices while sidecar is activated, even though bluetooth is showing iPad as "Disconnected". Turning Bluetooth Off does not disconnect Sidecar, however, I cannot get any bluetooth devices to connect whilst Sidecar is active.

I have tried the following bluetooth devices:
MX Master 3 (Indicates as "Connected" but does not respond)
Apple Magic Mouse 1 (Indicates as "Connected" but disconnects and does not respond)
AirPods (Shows as connected, but does not produce sound and disconnects automatically)

Mouse starts working after a reboot, but Sidecar no longer works. Re-pairing the iPad with the laptop does not seem to solve this. I must say, I'm a bit baffled by this now... should I consider changing my system definition?
you seem to have a random text in your config.plist:
Code:
    <key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>Detect</string>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist> copy.plist

remove copy.plist

also try enabling these in config.plist:

Code:
<string>The following fixes may be needed for onboard audio/USB/etc</string>
                <key>FixTMR</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixRTC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixIPIC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <false/>

run hackintool and make sure your kexts are updated to latest

you seem to have a random text in your config.plist:
Code:
    <key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>Detect</string>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist> copy.plist

remove copy.plist

also try enabling these in config.plist:

Code:
<string>The following fixes may be needed for onboard audio/USB/etc</string>
                <key>FixTMR</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixRTC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixIPIC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <false/>

run hackintool and make sure your kexts are updated to latest

The "copy.plist" text wasn't there, however, I did try enabling and disabling a few things in the meantime, so maybe Clover Configurator got rid of it at some point.

I have updated all of my kexts - and even re-downloaded the up-to-date ones for good measure.
Applied the fixes you suggested, however, nothing seems to change.
AirPods audio is barely present - with about 90% of the audio cut off.
Once AirPods are connected, my MX Master starts to stutter a little bit.
Same applies for when I enable the iPad as a secondary display (after which it inevitably times out).

I think going forward I will have to try the following few items:
1. Inject my UHD 620 as a PCI device, which has not been working since I upgraded from Mojave.
I keep thinking maybe the Sidecar thing is a display port issue. Obviously, it doesn't explain the rest of the bluetooth issues.

2. Change my SMBIOS
I noticed in Hackintool my GPU and CPU are consistent with MBP14,2. It will create the necessity for NoTouchID patches, and maybe some other things I don't know about - but could potentially solve the display casting thing. I've no idea if it will affect bluetooth functionality and/or other things, so l I might be doing a fresh install on a fresh SSD just in case.

That will take time to source a spare SSD, so meanwhile I'm open to suggestions.

OK, so I've made some progress, but cannot really move forward until my replacement SSD arrives - which in the current situation could be a week :(

What I did was two things:
1. I took the entire laptop apart and rewired the antennae around, because they were sitting in a horizontal position on the side of the battery. I was lazy when I installed them, because the laptop only came with one - and I didn't want to take the screen apart at the time. Solved now.
* As a result, my AirPods audio no longer stutters, which is simply put fantastic!

2. I redid the USB patch again using Hackintool. This time, I am using the AML method. Alas, no difference.

3. I went back to an older version of my config.plist, found why I couldn't properly inject my UHD 620 - and that is now a PCI device, and not just a FakeID injection. I feel like I am booting into the OS by at least 1.5sec. faster now and the framebuffer appears to be the right size. Didn't help with Sidecar, as I had hoped though....

4. Discovered that Sidecar works very nicely over USB-C, which is not perfect but is going to have to do for now.

It just looks like once my replacement SSD arrives I will have to try and install there with different SMBIOS as originally planned to see if that changes anything.

One other thing I am noting is handoff works very well with the iPad, but my iPhone no longer seems to hand anything off. Continuity is no different, yet all devices are signed into iCloud and sync just fine. iMessage works perfect, Facetime too. This has been happening since the update to 10.15.4. As I am writing this, it occurs to me that the wireless sidecar issue is most probably a continuity/handoff issue and nothing to do with BT/WiFi...

Any ideas that might save me the trouble of a full backup and restore will be more than welcome!

It has been 20 days and so here is the progress so far:

1. Got a new SSD and did a fresh install of the OS.
2. Chose a different SMBIOS - MacBook Pro 15,2
3. Logged out every device I own and reset it's network settings.
4. Log back in with all devices.

The result is the following:

I got my continuity and hand-off to work just OK-ish.
Air-drop now discovers my laptop A LOT quicker!
Sidecar is now a complete no-go. :(

It will not connect over WiFi. It will not connect over USB-C

Tragically, I removed my old installation from my Apple account - so signing that one back in does not help in the slightest. This is now very very frustrating as I may have to be looking for a portable screen - which is another slate I will need to be lugging around all the time.

I think at this point I have followed every guide there is out there to solving this. Nothing seems to work - but at least my bluetooth/wifi problems are solved now, I think. Aside from Sidecar my install is working 100%

ANY suggestions regarding this will be very highly appreciated.

So, a little update - even though I'm the only one posting - feels like I'm writing a diary lol!

Dear Diary,

Since my last entry I updated to macOS 10.15.5 and iPadOS 13.5 (and iOS13.5).
I logged all of my devices out of my Apple Account - even my watch. Just in case.
I also tried changing the locale of my wifi via "brcmfx-country=xx" in Clover. Nothing seems to help me. This is where I am today:

1. Bluetooth mouse gets discovered and connnects OK. It will occasionally pause for a few seconds - and then "catch up" to my movements, as if it freezes - but where I move and click it buffers and does it all at once afterwards. During this time, touchpad moves OK.
2. Same mouse works very well with its USB dongle (MX Master 3) - this is to exclude the mouse as a culprit.
3. Apple bluetooth keyboard works, but stutters like the mouse.
4. Sidecar will only work if my tablet is connected via USB-C cable and has wifi disconnected on the tablet. (i.e. AirPlane mode on)
5. I cannot "import from iPhone or iPad" - it inevitably times out.
6. I cannot join a personal hotspot. The laptop identifies my iPhone and evn suggests it as a hotspot. However, it just fails to connect everytime. (Enabling hotspot manually on the phone and joining manually on the laptop works)
7. iPad and iPhone do sync OTA
8. I can place phone calls from the laptop. Facetime and iMessage work.
9. Continuity appears to be working - although not with every app. Works for messages, mail, contacts, but also mixes up Safari and Chrome between the phone and laptop for some reason. I think it's because I have different "default" browser on the laptop.

I think this may be it for me. It's quite frustrating trying different things at this point. Obviously updates to kexts and to macOS/iOS are not helping. The problem must lie somewhere else. I've tried FakeID approach, but it does not seem to be helping in the slightest. I've changed SMBIOSes without success. I saw another wifi adapter being advertised as "OOB" supported with no injections and no kexts... but it's another $50 so if I can avoid it, it'd be great!

As always - any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back