Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys I have a hp elitebook 2570p which came
With a built in intel 6205 half card which has Bluetooth and wifi.

The card works fully for Bluetooth and wifi in windows 8. However I have just dual booted mavericks 10.9 and the wifi does not work in that os but the Bluetooth works fine.
I have seen the list of mavericks compatible cards but not much on those that fully work in a dual boot setup with windows.

I did order a Broadcom bcm94322 on suggestion of another thread but I have just been gifted a Magic Mouse and apple keyboard so would quite like Bluetooth functionality again.

Can anyone confirm a replacement card that will fully work for Bluetooth and wifi in both operating systems on my elitebook.
Many thanks in advance.

The card works fully for Bluetooth and wifi in windows 8. However I have just dual booted mavericks 10.9 and the wifi does not work in that os but the Bluetooth works fine.
I have seen the list of mavericks compatible cards but not much on those that fully work in a dual boot setup with windows.

I did order a Broadcom bcm94322 on suggestion of another thread but I have just been gifted a Magic Mouse and apple keyboard so would quite like Bluetooth functionality again.

Can anyone confirm a replacement card that will fully work for Bluetooth and wifi in both operating systems on my elitebook.
Many thanks in advance.

Are you sure it's BCM94322 and not BCM943225HMB? Because BCM94322(HM8L) is WiFi-only card.

image.jpg
It's this one that I have mate but yes it's only a wifi only card. I wasn't bothered about not having Bluetooth at the time of ordering it but now I would like that fucntionality so now looking for another card in which wifi and Bluetooth works on both mavericks and windows

View attachment 74483
It's this one that I have mate but yes it's only a wifi only card. I wasn't bothered about not having Bluetooth at the time of ordering it but now I would like that fucntionality so now looking for another card in which wifi and Bluetooth works on both mavericks and windows

You have two options: BCM94352HMB/Azurewave AW-CE123H (802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 2x2 dual band + BT 4.0) and BCM943225HMB/Azurewave AW-NB290H (802.11b/g/n, 2x2 single band + BT 3.0). If you don't need 802.11ac, the second one will serve you well, there are plenty of it in eBay and it's cheap.

For more info - here.

You have two options: BCM94352HMB/Azurewave AW-CE123H (802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 2x2 dual band + BT 4.0) and BCM943225HMB/Azurewave AW-NB290H (802.11b/g/n, 2x2 single band + BT 3.0). If you don't need 802.11ac, the second one will serve you well, there are plenty of it in eBay and it's cheap.

For more info - here.

thanks very much for the info, are they verified to work in windows too considering some of the BIOS whitelist restrictions that may or may not be in place on HP machines ?

Many thanks in advance.

The EliteBook 2570p has a separate bluetooth card and so a combo card is not needed.

See my two pictures, one of the module and the other of the system report in mavericks. I have the same WiFi card as you have (BCM943224HMS) and can use Bluetooth without any issues.

Attachments

• IMG_0354.jpg
    IMG_0354.jpg
    688.8 KB · Views: 4,796
  • Bildschirmfoto 2013-11-19 um 13.52.20.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2013-11-19 um 13.52.20.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,042
The EliteBook 2570p has a separate bluetooth card and so a combo card is not needed.

See my two pictures, one of the module and the other of the system report in mavericks. I have the same WiFi card as you have (BCM943224HMS) and can use Bluetooth without any issues.

Great stuff! thanks for clarifying that ! Just checked mine now and yes, as you say there is a separate bluetooth module ( I did wonder why the bluetooth worked fine in mavericks but the wifi did not)

My BCM943224HMS is due to arrive today so I should be up and running fully on both when I replace the intel one :) Thanks!

bluetooth.JPG wifi.JPG

Great stuff! thanks for clarifying that ! Just checked mine now and yes, as you say there is a separate bluetooth module ( I did wonder why the bluetooth worked fine in mavericks but the wifi did not)

FYI: That can be the case even if the BT lives on the same card as the non-working WiFi. They are separate devices that just happen to reside on the same PCB. From there they are separate devices on separate bus and really are not related at all (think about all the different devices on the motherboard itself).

FYI: That can be the case even if the BT lives on the same card as the non-working WiFi. They are separate devices that just happen to reside on the same PCB. From there they are separate devices on separate bus and really are not related at all (think about all the different devices on the motherboard itself).

For this notebook it is not that case as if you remove the WiFi card at all the bluetooth is still working. Same is for my ProBook 6570b.

For this notebook it is not that case as if you remove the WiFi card at all the bluetooth is still working. Same is for my ProBook 6570b.

I realize that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back