Contribute
Register

Wifi AR9485 is supported now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine just showed me his wifi AR9485 working functionally. This is his original post on his facebook: https://www.facebook.com/duongdu.lhp/posts/806589126166237

The patches for it are complex, poorly documented, and not provided in a Clover KextsToPatch format.
It means that each revision will require a new patched kext to be created, etc.
Not recommended...

Much easier to install compatible WiFi with well documented patches or native support.

The patches for it are complex, poorly documented, and not provided in a Clover KextsToPatch format.
Not recommended...

Much easier to install compatible WiFi with well documented patches or native support.
But is it better than wifi dongle solution? He gave me a plugin for IO80211Family.kext but mine is intel 7265 (the one on the right) so I haven't tested it. Are there any guides that helps to patch intel wifi?

Alex, can you share the Kent from your friend? Please :)

RehabMan Can you correct him for better?

Last edited:
Not recommended...

Not recommended...

Can you fix it for the better? The file is below. sorry about my English

Attachments

• AR9485.v16.kext.zip
    662.2 KB · Views: 3,294
Can you fix it for the better?

No.
My understanding is the patches are too complex to do as Clover patch.
Better to install hardware that is easier to support.

A friend of mine just showed me his wifi AR9485 working functionally. This is his original post on his facebook: https://www.facebook.com/duongdu.lhp/posts/806589126166237
Even his bluetooth is working
WOW that's great, for some of us in some countries is not easy to buy a new device. I've been using a wifi dongle, and obviously would be great to have my wifi/Bluetooth working. If you can tell me somehow what to do, I can test if this is really working, I have this ar9485, in El Capitan, because I haven't been able to update clover to update to Sierra, but if Sierra is needed, I can try to make a new install, to test if this works. I know there will be many of us clapping our hands for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back